Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Djokovic was leading with a double break in 1st set, lost a break, but was able to close the set out.
2nd set: many breaks, losing the plot in the end, atrocious play with many FH errors.
3rd set: broke early in 2nd game, not looked back after that, very aggressive play

One of the most forgettable matches in this year, for sure.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I think Novak played a lot better than the score suggests. He really just had bad luck. How often does Novak end up 0/4 on saving BPs while also being only 6/21 when trying convert? This other guy converted on every chance he had while Novak could barely convert on his many more chances.

With neutral luck, this match would have looked way different and should have been over long ago with a score like 6-2 6-2.

Anyway, I guess it’s always better to have an unlucky match early than late in a tournament, so that’s a positive.

Ruud next, and I expect Novak to win that in two very quick sets and then save his best for last in the final.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Woke up it was 4-2 in the rd set. Suprised Nole lost a set.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
The only match of the tournament that didn't bore me so far... but that's only because I was laughing at how shitty Djokovic played. Also nice to see him destroy another racquet.

If he played anyone decent here, he would've lost the match. Koepfer did well to get here but he truly is a mediocre player.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,299 Posts
Nadal will demolish him that's if he even makes the final.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Honestly Djokovic has been pretty poor so far in this tournament, though Thiem was also poor before USO.

Hopefully he will step it up if/when he meets Nadal and especially at RG.

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Novak played a lot better than the score suggests. He really just had bad luck. How often does Novak end up 0/4 on saving BPs while also being only 6/21 when trying convert? This other guy converted on every chance he had while Novak could barely convert on his many more chances.

With neutral luck, this match would have looked way different and should have been over long ago with a score like 6-2 6-2.
Don't you think that this time the reason why he couldn't convert so many BPs was not Koepfer's outstanding play, but his errors at those opportunities?
It is not objective if you are trying to explain what happened the other way.

·
Registered
17,776 Posts
Only saw the last couple of games. I don’t think I’ve heard of this guy. Surprised Novak lost a set.

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
Don't you think that this time the reason why he couldn't convert so many BPs was not Koepfer's outstanding play, but his errors at those opportunities?
It is not objective if you are trying to explain what happened the other way.
No. I saw the match and it was definitely bad luck. The other guy was 4/4 on converting BPs while Novak was only 6/21. He just had no luck during BPs (against him or when trying to break).

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really want to see a Rome 19 final beatdown without the 2nd set included of course..
You won't get that satifaction.
Djokovic will raise his level for the remaining 2 matches.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts