Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Patrick Ciorcila is a young Romanian player born in 1996. He explains:
"Two years ago I decided to participate in three tournaments in India, where we started thinking to make as many points as ATP; before I go there I thought I had a pretty easy task, but after I got that I realized it's not so. I was shocked by the conditions there, we had to train with rats on land, a land filled with stones, had to wash with plain water only, we could not brush your teeth with tap water, I had allowed to eat vegetables..
Back in Romania after the experience of India, Ciorcilă says he came to appreciate "the conditions and people that I have around me."

It's a google translation but you can pretty clear understand what he is been through..

Here is the source:

http://actualdecluj.ro/video-tenisul-impinge-un-clujean-prin-cel-mai-dificil-moment-din-viata-lui-in-india-am-fost-socat-de-conditiile-de-acolo/

Here is the pic. You can clearly see that this doesn't look like something you wanna put your feet on.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
The fk is that?

Doesn't look like a tennis court to me.

·
Administrator
14,827 Posts
Geeze....did they just string up a net on the biggest patch of open dirt they could find?

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
So that's a tennis court in an ITF in India? shocking

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
What the fuck? :lol: The clay court I play on is million times better than this.. :spit:

ITF doesn't have money for a decent court? :superlol:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Ciorcila made a final and his only decent result to date during that trip, maybe he should see the benefits and not the negatives of the trip.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Yes, very logical that if it's India it has to be like this. Great logic.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Whatever happened to Ciorcila, anyways? He used to be Top500 at the age of 16 two years ago... was he injured? Peaked at 16? Not enough money to carry on consistently?

I remember he played mainly futures in Romania back then, but still this drop is significant. Any Romanian fans with more information?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I know money shouldn't be the problem, he comes from a rich family.

Andrei Pavel became his coach in January, this year. Apparently, Ciorcila has been focusing on school and once that's finished this year, he will return to tennis.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
This thread is boring.

Nobody threaten him to make him go there, he decided to go, play and vulture because points are easier in India.
In Futures spirit, Indian futures are made for young local players that are used to this.

Rats, Hasardous Water and Food are the normal life there, and you can even in big cities see hundreds of people slipping in the street and some died people in the middle in the morning.

That is India, some people travelling with me took the plane right back after seing that or mutilated people asking for money.

You can't change all India in order not to choke over-protected Baby Tennis players from well off families.

ITF Futures circuit is luckily made to developp Tennis all over the World, and in some countries it is obvious local tennis owners have not enough money to build such things as Indian Wells venue.

And probably in those part of those countries there are some issues that need money more urgently than Tennis courts.

Ask ATP which is the Players Association since 1974 why they decided to rule the main and challengers circuit money by themselves with no financial help to Futures that are ruled by ITF.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I know money shouldn't be the problem, he comes from a rich family.

Andrei Pavel became his coach in January, this year. Apparently, Ciorcila has been focusing on school and once that's finished this year, he will return to tennis.
Interesting, good to know. Thanks!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
This thread is boring.

Nobody threaten him to make him go there, he decided to go, play and vulture because points are easier in India.
In Futures spirit, Indian futures are made for young local players that are used to this.

Rats, Hasardous Water and Food are the normal life there, and you can even in big cities see hundreds of people slipping in the street and some died people in the middle in the morning.

That is India, some people travelling with me took the plane right back after seing that or mutilated people asking for money.

You can't change all India in order not to choke over-protected Baby Tennis players from well off families.

ITF Futures circuit is luckily made to developp Tennis all over the World, and in some countries it is obvious local tennis owners have not enough money to build such things as Indian Wells venue.

And probably in those part of those countries there are some issues that need money more urgently than Tennis courts.

Ask ATP which is the Players Association since 1974 why they decided to rule the main and challengers circuit money by themselves with no financial help to Futures that are ruled by ITF.
gd read.
it is the orientalist view of rich white guy

I guess conditions are equally bad in the futures of other 3rd world countries but no one would complain becoz only locals doing it for fun would enter those tournaments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts