Mens Tennis Forums banner

Shapovalov vs Dimitrov

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
justice for all
16,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both with a good run here.

The winner most likely will be awarded with a possibility to face the mighty Rafa Nadal.

The long-haired youngster vs the balding veteran.

Who will prevail?

·
Premium Member
9,190 Posts
Balding veteran going back to Makedonia hopefully.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't see Grisha doing much with this match after that error prone performance in R16. On the other hand, Shapo could implode too!

I'll still go with Grigor to lose tomorrow ;)

·
Registered
22,082 Posts
No doubt The Stickman will win, to then be trounced in the following round. His shoulders will be absolutely bulging tomorrow, as they aggressively tilt from side to side as he struts around in between points as he smugly witnesses a self-demolition job predictably administered by Denis Sharapova.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Shapo should win,anything else will be an embarrassment

Reactions: NextGenKing

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Oh no... shankovalov against nadal on Clay. I can smell the bakery products from 1000 miles away.
not looking past dimitrov though. His patient slicenotting game could frustrate Denis and cause his implosion

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's hard to judge Shapo's form. He has almost been grinding it out recently. Very few one-two punches. Few aces and flashy winners. And today he blew some important obvious winners that were laid up after good point construction. But he prevailed. It's like he's trying to construct a clay game, against his natural instincts. What's clear is that he can patiently hang with anyone in baseline rallies and his net game is now improving.
Dimitrov is in form and on a roll.
I still think Denis in 3. Given that his 1st serve is normal (+60%).

·
Registered
17,967 Posts
Shapovalov will wnter Top 10 if he wins this match. Big stakes for him.
Yeah, maybe he can also winter in Top 10, so spend it in the off-season if he can keep this level up... ;)

Reactions: guitarra

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
It's hard to judge Shapo's form. He has almost been grinding it out recently. Very few one-two punches. Few aces and flashy winners. And today he blew some important obvious winners that were laid up after good point construction. But he prevailed. It's like he's trying to construct a clay game, against his natural instincts. What's clear is that he can patiently hang with anyone in baseline rallies and his net game is now improving.
Dimitrov is in form and on a roll.
I still think Denis in 3. Given that his 1st serve is normal (+60%).
How is Dimitrov inform with an average of 60 unforced errors in a bo3 match? Some of you guys seem to be totally clueless.
Any of these 2 will be ripped appart by the clay warrior.
And lets face it, any true tennis fan wants to see another Djodal encounter.
Nadal will dismantle any of these 2 mugs

1 - 20 of 35 Posts