1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Your visions will happen
47,280 Posts
Gaudenzi doing a lot of good work behind the scenes, really hope we can salvage something of a season even if Wimbledon took the money and ran

·
Administrator
10,947 Posts
So it would have to be the one week between the U.S. Open and Roland Garros. Seems like a mistake to schedule it there to me. No way the top guys show up. Obviously there's no guarantees that tennis is played this year and if there is, there might still be more scheduling changes anyways.

·
Registered
7,212 Posts
So it would have to be the one week between the U.S. Open and Roland Garros. Seems like a mistake to schedule it there to me. No way the top guys show up. Obviously there's no guarantees that tennis is played this year and if there is, there might still be more scheduling changes anyways.
Dont see US happening now. You are living in a horror movie right now there. Players will not go there i dont think. For many diff reasons :(

Reactions: TennisFed

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
If this is the scheduling that ends up sticking, 2 weeks USO, 1 week Rome, then 2 weeks FO, don't expect Rafa to play the 2020 USO!! He'll put everything he has into Rome and especially the 2020 FO!!

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
So it would have to be the one week between the U.S. Open and Roland Garros. Seems like a mistake to schedule it there to me.
There are two weeks between the events, but still it will be tough for the guys going deep in the US Open, if it is held.

·
|
14,462 Posts
Dont see US happening now. You are living in a horror movie right now there. Players will not go there i dont think. For many diff reasons :(
And all those protesters are spreading coronavirus. If they really cared about America they'd commit suicide after they've finished protesting, or else they'll be taking the virus back into their communities....

·
|
14,462 Posts
If this is the scheduling that ends up sticking, 2 weeks USO, 1 week Rome, then 2 weeks FO, don't expect Rafa to play the 2020 USO!! He'll put everything he has into Rome and especially the 2020 FO!!
And Thiem's father said he's playing the US Open AND Roland Garros, so Thiem will be too tired to challenge Rafa in the Roland Garros Final :giggle:

·
|
14,462 Posts
Djokovic said-
"The rules that they told us that we would have to respect to be there, to play at all, they are extreme.
"We would not have access to Manhattan, we would have to sleep in hotels at the airport, to be tested twice or three times per week.
"Also, we could bring one person to the club which is really impossible."
So I doubt he'll play the US Open.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I trend to agree with you. I think the US Summer HC Series incl. US Open will be canned and we will start late August or early September with Clay Events in Rome but also possibly Madrid as well.

·
Registered
15,784 Posts
What a farce! Someone will vulture Rome. Fog to win a second masters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts