Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im looking for some tickets for both of these finals. wheres best to buy and what prices am i looking at?
thanks guys

·
Registered
10,388 Posts
Re: roland garros + paris masters final tickets where to buy?

check www.fft.fr for RG tickets (prices and how to order them) and www.ticketnet.fr for Bercy tickets. Bercy might be also found on the tournament website, which I don't remember the link of :eek:

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

For RG, if you're outside of France you can download the application form at the end of February, see details on http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/en/Frame_RG.html.

Ilhame is right about ticketnet for Bercy tickets; the tournament site is http://www.bnpparibasmasters.org/ and redirects you to ticketnet if you wish to buy tickets. I'm not sure they'll be on sale just yet though.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what time would the match start and approximate finish? whats the best way to get there too, plane, eurostar?
are there any deals on flights, do you know a website?
thanks

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

also is there anyway of ordering the tickets now?

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

im just wondering at what time the matches start so what time i need to book flights for and also what time all matches are finished on sunday final day?
thanks

·
Registered
3,402 Posts

Unless you're a registered player in France, I don't think you can apply Roland Garros tickets yet (maybe ticket agencies sell in advance?), you'd need to wait until the end of the month. Anyone else know? I'm not sure when the Bercy tickets are available, I got mine for 2003 in July.

When I went to Bercy I found the BMI flight from LHR to CDG to be very good value and great timing (about £60 rtn, leaving 8am and getting back 10pm).

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

ok sounds good dude, whats BMI?
sorry for the questions, :D say i was to stay friday, saturday and sunday if i could get tickets. on the friday would u be able to see both mens semis? or is one thursday, i cant remember

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Re: Re: roland garros + paris masters final tickets where to buy?

joeb_uk said:
im just wondering at what time the matches start so what time i need to book flights for and also what time all matches are finished on sunday final day?
thanks
Bercy final starts at 3pm usually, don't know about RG since I've not been, probably early afternoon. Both finals are best of 5 sets, and RG is of course outdoors and on clay, so advice is to allow plenty of time.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts

I think both finals start at 2.30 or 3.00 cet and are best of five so you make your calculations.

I think Eurostar is good to come to Paris. You arrive at Gare du Nord and have good connections with public transport to Bercy and Porte d'Auteuil.

By plane you probably land at Charles de Gaulle and have to take the RER (train) to get into the city and then transfer to the subway.

Check at which times the first and last trains and planes leave and see what will be best for you :)

I'm not in the UK so I don't know where to find cheap tickets to Paris.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts

Bercy has 3rd round on thursday, quarters on friday, semis on saturday, final on sunday

RG has both semis on Friday

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Re: Re: roland garros + paris masters final tickets where to buy?

joeb_uk said:
ok sounds good dude, whats BMI?
sorry for the questions, :D say i was to stay friday, saturday and sunday if i could get tickets. on the friday would u be able to see both mens semis? or is one thursday, i cant remember
BMI - British Midland (I'm assuming from your user name that you're in the UK). Think both the men's semis at RG are Friday.... If you download the French ticket application forms from the fft site, you'll see a plan which shows the matches they expect to play each day on each of the show courts.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Hi Joeb - I'm in England and I go to both tournaments each year. I always go by Eurostar (£69.00 return if you buy your tickets more than 14 days in advance but these cheap tickets are non exchangeable or refundable). Both Bercy and Roland Garros are about 30-40 minutes away from the Paris Gare du Nord (where the Eurostar terminates) on the Metro. You change once on each jounrey but it's very easy and well sign-posted.

Bercy tickets usually go on sale around about 1st June - I normally buy mine at Roland Garros as they have a ticket office in the grounds - that way you can see the map and choose where you want to sit. You can also buy them in person or by phone from the Palais d'Omnisports itself from June onwards. As someone else said, Roland Garros are taking applications from foreigners from March 15th - you can write to the FFT for a booking form or download one from the Net nearer to the end of February. Tickets are normally available there outside the grounds from the touts - nowhere near as expensive as the Wimbledon ones are!

Hope this helps - have fun.

·
Registered
10,388 Posts

00.33.1. 47.43.52.52

That's a phone number you can call if you have questions concerning ticket reservations for RG.

Be in time for RG cause those idiots have a strange ticketing system and if you do make reservations, call them to make sure they got your application. Mine somehow didn't arrive and I didn't get tickets for RG. I had to queue for 6 hours and didn't get tickets for the days I wanted to go, but did have a great time nonetheless.

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

thanks all been a great help. do the train times/flight times to paris go well with the match times? so will i find one that gets me there in time?
also if i was to go on friday, what time would the semis start? trouble is i want to see the mens semis and final but not the womens final, shame that the mens semis arent saturday :D to be honest, will i find it hard getting the mens semis, womens final/mens finals tickets when they are avaliable? or they are easy to get?

·
Registered
10,388 Posts

they cost more so might not sell that quickly

I think semis start at 1 or 2 pm cet

You can go on friday, do some sightseeing on saturday and watch more tennis on sunday.

Where are you planning to stay?

·
Banned
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

thats what we are undecided on, i am only 17 but i will go with my father. we arent sure whether to just see the final or stay2/3 days. do u reccomend any places to stay? cheap preferably, what sorta prices are we looking at for 2/3 days in paris?

·
Registered
10,388 Posts

Paris can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. I know hotels that cost around € 35 a night for a double room, but there are also hotels that cost around € 75 a night for a double room. It depends on the location....

I suggest you take a cheap hotel like Formule 1 cause you won't be spending much time in a hotel anyway. I left home at 9am to go to the stadium and came back after 9 pm so a day at RG was long, but I went on Benny Berthet Day and the first sunday.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts