Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

By popular demand. :tape: :scared: :unsure:
Arriving in lovely Paris with only one clay Masters title but hopefully Rafa can pull it off one more time and give us joy for those 2 weeks ahead.
Roland Garros aka the French Open starts on Sunday.

Link to the official site: http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/index.html

Fond memories from last year:

The draw will be made tomorrow. The weather forecast for the first week is not too good but let's hope for the best. Stay tuned. ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Rafa looks sexy when he wears a cap(especially backwards). Its good look for him as he gets older.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
thank you so much sweet Maria :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Guys, as always I made a analyssis of a possible draw (1 is most wanted player):

SF:
3 3Wawrinka, Stan (SUI) 2
4 4Federer, Roger (SUI) 1

QF:
5 5Ferrer, David (ESP) 4
6 6Berdych, Tomas (CZE) 2
7 8Murray, Andy (GBR) 3
8 9Raonic, Milos (CAN) 1

QF:
9 10Nishikori, Kei (JPN) 4
10 11Isner, John (USA) 2
11 12Dimitrov, Grigor (BUL) 3
12 13Gasquet, Richard (FRA) 1

R4:
13 14Tsonga, Jo-Wilfried (FRA) 4
14 15Fognini, Fabio (ITA) 3
15 16Youzhny, Mikhail (RUS) 2
16 17Haas, Tommy (GER) 1

R4:
17 18Robredo, Tommy (ESP) 4
18 19Gulbis, Ernests (LAT) 8
19 20Anderson, Kevin (RSA) 1
20 21Dolgopolov, Alexandr (UKR) 6
21 22Almagro, Nicolas (ESP) 7
22 23Janowicz, Jerzy (POL) 3
23 24Monfils, Gael (FRA) 5
24 25Verdasco, Fernando (ESP) 2

R3:
25 26Cilic, Marin (CRO) 6
26 27Lopez, Feliciano (ESP) 1
27 28Bautista Agut, Roberto (ESP) 7
28 29Kohlschreiber, Philipp (GER) 8
29 30Simon, Gilles (FRA) 5
30 31Pospisil, Vasek (CAN) 2
31 32Tursunov, Dmitry (RUS) 3
32 33Seppi, Andreas (ITA) 4

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
testing, testing, it seems that i have problem to post in tf? :confused:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Very easy R1 and R3.
Tough R2. Thiem was the only not seeded player that I was afraid of.
Very tough R4 and QF. The only two players that Rafa has lost to this year on clay... I'm sure Rafa will beat Almagro anyway, but the truth is that Ferrer will be very tough. He is ready to fight for 5 sets. I can really see him beating Rafa. Also, matches against David are very phisically demanding. Rafa may win, but then he may lack energy in the SF and F.
Regarding SF I didn't really care if it is Stan or Roger. Maybe even better, coz Roger has better chances to beat Djokovic.
Overall, I think it's a bad draw. I was always very confident about Rafa winning RG. Sometimes I was even to sure about it. This time I really think that it won't be Nadal's RG. I think it's better to prepare for that.
Anyway, I will be rooting for Rafa as much possible. It would be amazing to win another RG!
Vamos ;-)

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't dare to say a word. :tape: :tape: Just that losing another time to Almugro or Ferru would be embarrassing.

Rafa's look at the Players' Party at the Eiffel Tower was :tape: too.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ferrer is the one, I am worried about the most. Almagro is a little bit concerning and so is Thiem but I think its too early for him.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
so, wawa or Roger is in Rafa's draw? I read in the GM that they are in Nole's draw? :confused:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
so, wawa or Roger is in Rafa's draw? I read in the GM that they are in Nole's draw? :confused:
Wawa is in Rafa's half and Fed is in Nole's half. They both can't be in the same half because they are the 3rd and 4th seed.

Obviously Roger might have been easier for Rafa. However I think both Stan and Fed can beat Nole but Fed is more likely to reach the semi final.

·
Registered
42,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rafa will play vs Robby Ginepri on Court Suzanne Lenglen :)speakles:) tomorrow, 3rd match of the day. VAMOS!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
allezy rafa :cheerleader:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Vamos Rafa! I don't want to see a struggle like against Isner or Brands in the past in R1 of RG.
Make a statement!

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
go go go rafa :woohoo: :dance: :yippee::banana::rocker::music::rocker2:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I haven't seen the match, but it seems Rafa won really easily. Probably Ginepri was really bad.
Will be much much tougher against Thiem. Rafa has now 2 days to practice and be ready for the 1st real test in Paris. I still believe that Thiem is too young to win this kind of match, but for sure he will put up a real fight.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts