Nishikori's draw :spit:

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
At least Verdasco pushed Becker to the absolute limit. :spit:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Kei would have a harder time with bye then Becker on clay.

Reactions: abollo

·
Registered
683 Posts
Verdasco will be kicking himself! (not that he already wasn't after his epic fail yesterday).

Good for Kei though, he should be nice and fresh for the tougher rounds ahead.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
If Nishikori does not make finals here, I will be deeply disappointed.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
did look like it was something wrong with Becker when Dasco was taking two sets 6-0, 6-1. Then the combination of iron will + Fiasco probably gave him hope to fight through the pain. Becker playing with pain against Kei is a kamikaze mission.

means Kei will be superfresh for R4 against Rosol/Gabashvili. So thanks a lot Fiasco :mad:

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
This will give Nishikori more time to heal that blister. :)

Becker. :hug:

Verdasco. :spit:

·
Premium Member
14,827 Posts
Like Nishikori needed the help :facepalm:

·
Registered
710 Posts
WOW... Not like Nishikori was going to be pushed to the limit by Becker but this is becoming some cakewalk of a draw. Verdasco on the other hand :worship:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
People may laugh at Kei's draw but it really is all Verdasco's fault.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,681 Posts
Wawrinka like (AO2014). Wawrinka had a retirement in R2, walkover in R3 from Pospisil, then injured Nadal in the final.
Who knows...

That said I hope he is 'match ready' though. Becker probably made the right decision. He wasn't going to win R3 by any long shot. Hope he recovers. But Verdasco made a total mess of himself

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I've said this before with Wawrinka during last year's USO, but walkovers like this can only be classed as definitely beneficial when against a better opponent. As you would expect Kei to win here anyway, all it does is reduce potential fatigue and increase the chance of rustiness. Fairly even trade off, depending on one's individual priorities and match ups.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I actually don't think Bellucci in R2 is such an easy draw. :shrug:
Not the easiest but there were definitely tougher 2nd round possibilities out there.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts