Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
RG R3: Chardy def. Goffin (17): 6-3 6-4- 6-2

Muffin should be ashamed of himself.
Started very good but just let himself get overpowered :rolleyes:

Chardy played good, but Goffin at his best should have brought more variety into his game.
Disgusting result.

·
|
15,485 Posts
Re: RG R3: Chardy def. Goffin (17): 6-3 6-4- 6-2

Wow that's the biggest celebration I've ever seen for a 3rd Round win, maybe (hard to remember all the other 3rd rounds in tennis history).

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Same score as both the Cilic and Murphy matches. Different order of the sets this time though, unlike the Swiss brigade yesterday.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Only caught the last set of this, most of it at least, but Goffin looked disastrous. Chardy is always dangerous when that forehand is firing (except against Djoker perhaps...)

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Brilliant game from Chardy, that FH was just surreal. Hope he can keep up this level against Muzza.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
I have seen large parts of it, Chardy was excellent.

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
3,897 Posts
Hm. I was not able to watch more than 10% of the match because of other matches...
But this result is a real surprise.
I like both players and Chardy when on is a great player and has a lot of offensive potential.
But as others mentioned, Goffin should have the variety to interrupt this ballbashing...

Kind of a similar story to the Sock-Dimitrov match where Dimitrov was not at all able to mix it up more.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Hm. I was not able to watch more than 10% of the match because of other matches...
But this result is a real surprise.
I like both players and Chardy when on is a great player and has a lot of offensive potential.
But as others mentioned, Goffin should have the variety to interrupt this ballbashing...

Kind of a similar story to the Sock-Dimitrov match where Dimitrov was not at all able to mix it up more.
Not today, Chardy was serving big and his FH was crazy good, Goffin was overpowered.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Chardy's game can be incredible to watch.
If this Chardy shows up against Murray we are in for a treat

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Chardy mistaking Goffin for Fed. While Goffin mistaking Chardy for Fed. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts