Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
etcs

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
French Open R3: (13) Tsonga def. (22) Janowicz 6-4 6-4 6-3

Solid, confident and straightforward from Jo.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
Re: French Open R3: (13) Tsonga def. (22) Janowicz 6-4 6-4 6-3

The much more professional player won.
Janowicz should be ashamed of himself (no way he is).

The two worst decisions he's made in 2014
- hanging on to Tilikainen :facepalm:
- electing to receive today :facepalm: (not to mention playing to Tsonga's forehand :facepalm: :facepalm:)

Suffering Jerkzy's Syndrome does not help either.

On to playing brainlessly on grass.

·
Registered
33,355 Posts
Expected Oh well... Janowicz has been in bad form and won 2 more matches than I expected. He had some flashes of good Tennis this tournament but is still far from his best. I think he needs to improve his mental strength. The only disappointing thing in this match was all the mini chokes when serving to stay in sits. Pretty frustrating but what can you do.

Solid from Tsonga :yeah:

·
Registered
7,025 Posts

Allez Jo, good performance. He had to reach the 4th round, he has done it. Now give everything against Novak ! :)

·
Registered
2,720 Posts

Jerzy:hug:

Still a good tournament for him and he got some much needed wins:yeah:

Lots to build on ahead; hope he has a good grass season:bigclap:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts

Great stuff Jo :)

·
Registered
33,355 Posts

Jerzy's form and confidence is seemingly improving. But still has a long way to go. Needs to get mentally stronger at tail end of sets. Always the same pattern vs top players, frustrating for sure. But all in all, nothing wrong with losing to a top 15 player in their backyard after just ending a 9 match streak..

·
Registered
5,250 Posts

Janowicz's serve tactics and positioning and choosing to hit to Tsonga's forehand 90% of the time are puzzling, to say the least.

I'm being serious here, maybe the Polish guys here know more but does he know that he's doing on court?

·
Registered
21,308 Posts

Stronga saving tennis :yeah:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts

Janowicz's serve tactics and positioning and choosing to hit to Tsonga's forehand 90% of the time are puzzling, to say the least.

I'm being serious here, maybe the Polish guys here know more but does he know that he's doing on court?
How could he when he doesn't have a brain?

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

What more do you expect from a ballbasher being coached by a former tennis player who went 3-6 on main tour his whole career.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Jerzy:hug:

Still a good tournament for him and he got some much needed wins:yeah:

Lots to build on ahead; hope he has a good grass season:bigclap:
:hug:

I was happy that he ended his losing streak,he is playing better just before grass season, go home Jerzy and get ready for Wimbledom.:)

·
23,064 Posts

I am quite disappointed in the sense that the straight set win is not a meaningful picture of the result -- it was more 50:50, where when Janowicz serve was on, Tsonga had problems really controlling the point. With Tsonga, when peaking had good variety to absorb those shots. Twice in the Match that Janowicz had *4-5 then got broken. :facepalm: The 2nd Set was Tsonga upping his game, but the 1st Set had the only first 2 DFs from Janowicz and so many errors and no 1st Serve. Have to say though, JJ's dropshots have been effective here most of the time, except for some bad ones in the latter parts. Also had 1 break-ups at the 2nd and 3rd Sets but surrendered them the next service game. At least it is a positive result for JJ, winning 11 games against one of the Top Players in his home Slam, after a bad 1st Round streak. Still needs big improvements in the mental side and still need to change his coach or something.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts

Great result. Tsonga looked decent, hope he gives Djokovic a tough match

1 - 20 of 41 Posts