Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simon was the better player throughout the match, but Mahut was better on the big points and so managed to get to and then win 2 tiebreaks. He played a good match and can be proud of his efforts. Simon won't be allowed to clown around like this against Stan.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Mahut. :'( The universe just loves inflicting heartbreaks on this guy.

·
Registered
22,255 Posts
Mahut :worship:

Hero of the tournament, together with Arnaboldi and Becker.

·
Registered
14,791 Posts
Simon looked pretty subdued throughout that match. Will have to up his game and intensity against 'the man' to have any hope.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Mahut :sad:

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
Day of uninteresting matches. Get it over with already.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mahut :worship:

Hero of the tournament, together with Arnaboldi and Becker.
Mahut made a mockery of Lopez's pitiful showing. Both prefer grass courts, but Lopez was the 11th seed. Mahut was ranked outside the top 100 in addition to playing on a less preferred surface.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
How to turn a straight sets win into a 5 set 'epic' by Gilles Simon. He was clearly killing Mahut up to a point then lost all intensity and Mahut showed bigger balls on the big points in set 2 and 3.

Gilles serve was missing for most of the match, couldn't get any cheap points off it and couldn't get a first serve in.

Stan will kill him if he plays like that next round, though I feel this was a difficult match for Gilles because he'd have wanted Mahut to do well and probably explains the very few shows of emotion in a 5 set win.

·
29,645 Posts
Shame, but great effort by Nico on his worst surface. Hopefully see him do well on grass next few weeks :yeah:

·
Administrator
6,247 Posts
Looks like this match was 2 hours longer than it needed to be. Hopefully this doesn't mean Simon (who was already in questionable condition at the start of the tournament) won't be able to perform to his best in the next round.

Would have been cool for Mahut to reach the fourth round but even reaching the third round here was already a good result, and I feel like Simon could at least have a chance of going a bit further (although maybe less so after turning this into an epic)

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
I couldn't decide whom to root for, my frenchies :hearts:
Nico :hug:
Gillou :cheerleader:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts