Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meh, he made life difficult for himself. Should have wrapped it up in 3. Me think he won't get past the third round losing that many of his own serve!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Disgusting match from Stan :tape: :help:
Get your shit together

·
Registered
22,257 Posts
Welcome back. :)

Stan so up and down, so easily getting broken by himself... no self-belief, or what?

Anyways, doesn't matter. Mugrinka will exit in QF, for sure.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Pitiful 1st serve percentage, disastrous 3rd set, multiple choking in sets 2 and 4 but job is done.

Finished with absolutely sick BH DTL winner on full stretch.

·
24,459 Posts
Decent match for Stan actually in general in the 1st Set and 2nd. Lajovic had difficulty with the shotmaking Stan could bring, and was also being forced errors. Good combination of FH by Stan early on to get points. Still was serving below 50% but managed to get out of it. 2nd Set had Stan playing a GOAT game to get the double break, but probably exhausted his mental gas. Was broken in the next game, and while he served it out finally, he struggled in the 3rd Set, seemingly not believing he could win it even if Lajovic seemingly was gifting breaks back. To Lajovic's credit he really started to play more aggressively but from time to time just can't get the right points. Stan broke early in the 3rd Set and started with good momentum well but had difficulty against to serve for the Set (and now the match) but finally broke Lajovic on his serve to win it.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
bad effort from Stan, but he's through, and should be safe for a couple of rounds more.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[email protected] is back! :eek: Stan to win Roland Garros.
Ace pounder? Someone seems to know I like a good pounding and I am an Ace at it, and has been keeping me on their radar hehe.

I haven't particularly enjoyed male tennis lately. Djokovic's style is way too boring (Murray trumps him tho). Federer is too busy mystifying opponents with his low dropping volleys, while nadal is being as unspectacular as usual. Only wawrinka can still wow me and reinvigorate my fervour and love for tennis but alas, he's not been too inspired of late.
I doubt he will make it far in the draw to be honest.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
I didn't wake up to my alarm at 2am, but I'm glad Stan got the win. :) Hopefully they schedule his R3 match at a time I can actually watch.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts