Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve in R3 at RG. :worship: Not many would have expected. He meets Wawrinka next. His RG may well end there. But very good effort nonetheless :)

Sergio :wavey::wavey:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Re: Roland Garros R2: S.Johnson de, S.Stakhosky 2-6 6-3 7-6(5) 7-6(6)

Solid win for Johnson. Doubt he will trouble Stan though, although if he serves as well as he can he might make it a bit competitive.

·
Registered
10,376 Posts
Fun match actually! Barely felt like a clay court match :p

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
4,081 Posts
After the handshake they had a long talk...!?
Don't know about what though.

Good achievement from Johnson: RG Round 3.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anybody knows what happened at the end? Looked like Stakhovsky was complaining about something.
He is a prick. He was complaining about losing probably. Wait for his twitter. He will say some bullshit about the match there.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
anyone who lose to johnson on clay shouldn`t sign to rg forever

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Anybody knows what happened at the end? Looked like Stakhovsky was complaining about something.
That's a first. He's probably on his period again, no biggie

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Q. I didn't see every minute of the match. What were you discussing with your friend Mr. Stakhovsky at the end there?
STEVE JOHNSON: Yeah, actually a lot of guys asked me that in the locker room. Oh, what happened? At 6-5 in the second set - not in the breaker; he was serving at 40-15, I believe - he hits a serve that I'm still convinced is about an inch or half inch too long. I mean, really. Chair gets up and he's like, No, there's space. It's right there. The mark is not complete. I'm like, I see a circle. The mark to me is complete. Just kind of is funny. Sergiy is like, Look, I'll at it at the end. I was like, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to stop you for a minute, whatever we did. I'm not trying to stall here. I'm just really curious as to why this is actually in. At the end he kind of said, he's like, Look, I saw the mark. I would've said it was out, hands down. So I just kind of joked and said, Oh, I should have pulled out my phone like you did a couple years ago. He says, Oh, yeah, that's a couple thousand dollar mistake. I wouldn't do that. So it was good.

Q. It wasn't contentious.
STEVE JOHNSON: No, no, no, not at all. I was really shocked that the ref came out of the chair and said that this serve was good and play two. Not that it would've affected the game...

Q. But he didn't get a look at it? He didn't come over?
STEVE JOHNSON: Sergiy, at the end of the match he did. He kind of looked and he's like, Yeah, it was out. But that's life. You're going to get calls that go your way, his way. Can't really dwell on a missed call on a serve. That's about it.
Smart stuff by Sergiy.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts
Remember when Nadulltards were in love with Mugkhovsky? That lasted about as long as their interest in tennis :eek: Meanwhile this mug is still an awful human being, good for the game he lost while talking trash :wavey:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts