Registered
21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too good

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
RG R2 Simon def Gonzalez 6-4 6-0 6-2

Routine for the Frenchman, Was quite good and aggressive which is always good to see

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
RG R2: Simon def. A. Gonzalez 6-4 6-0 6-2

Is this real life?? :eek:
Instead of his usual 5 set muggery in the first GS rounds Gilles decides to turn into NIDmon and win back-to-back easy matches saving a lot of energy. Solid and agressive :worship:
Love his chances vs most likely Raonic.
Allez!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Re: RG R2 Simon def Gonzalez 6-4 6-0 6-2

Very solid from Simon. Excellent shot placement, moved Gonzalez well around the court.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
It is amazing what that match against Rafa has done for him. He could barely crack an egg with his shots before that Rafa match, even his first round in Rome before he played Rafa he was woeful and only won because it was Volandri. Now he has some confidence back and is looking to work the points to set up the forehand and then hit it when needs be.

He is also into the 3rd round without being on crutches, an IV, having played 10 sets or having to save MPs, which can only increase his chances of beating Raonic if it goes the distance.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
It is amazing what that match against Rafa has done for him. He could barely crack an egg with his shots before that Rafa match, even his first round in Rome before he played Rafa he was woeful and only won because it was Volandri. Now he has some confidence back and is looking to work the points to set up the forehand and then hit it when needs be.

He is also into the 3rd round without being on crutches, an IV, having played 10 sets or having to save MPs, which can only increase his chances of beating Raonic if it goes the distance.
No kidding. I didn't even think he would beat Volandri the way he was playing. Talk about a change of form. Wow.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Simon looks like a man on a mission here. I seriously think that he can beat Raonic, and then Dolgo/Grano/Haase/Klizan? Absolutely possible. Quarterfinal spot here we come. :)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
No kidding. I didn't even think he would beat Volandri the way he was playing. Talk about a change of form. Wow.
Ditto, Volandri is pretty poor anyway but he played crap by his own standards which helped Gilles, the stats were horrific I seem to remember.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Makes a nice change to see Gilles easing through early rounds without drama. Will be a big step-up to (probably) Roanic. Hopefully he can keep this good-form going, because a win their would likely lead him to the quarterfinals.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Gilles! Didn't expect it to be so easy. Great chance vs (probably) Raonic :)

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
justifying the seeding spot but don't see him progressing further

·
Registered
597 Posts
I guess Simon is finally finding some form lately, about time...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts