Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People who thought that someone like Klizan would have a chance against the master tactician :spit:

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Roland Garros R2: [12]G.Simon def. M.Klizan 7-5 6-2 6-3

Simon. :yeah:. Klizan :hug:

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Gulbis/Mahut next. Looks like R4 is imminent.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Criminal way to lose the 1st set it was. So many chances there, even won more points than Simon but the ways he converted the BPs for his opponent were brutal (also missed 2 BPs at 5-5, both completely playable). After that, Klizan´s attitude was awful and Simon really upped his level. He was excellent in the sets 2 & 3 but Klizan still helped him with DFs and easy errors a lot.

Btw to the OP, people who thought that Klizan has a chance here were basing it on Simon´s injury status but that´s clearly a bullshit now. Simon is as healthy as ever, playing really well. I can see him reaching a QF here by beating Gulbis and possibly Wawrinka.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Yeah Simon is extremely injured right, winning in straight sets..
That disgusting faker will never change

·
Registered
983 Posts
nice quality in the first set up till Simon led 5-3. Then from 2 SP Simon's hands completely faltered, only to let Klizan back into it and then outstandingly self destruct. From that point on it was a complete garbage time, including 2 DF in a row from Klizan and even a TRIPLE DF to basically lose the match. My god he needs more sessions with the shrink

GL next round Gilles :*

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Criminal way to lose the 1st set it was. So many chances there, even won more points than Simon but the ways he converted the BPs for his opponent were brutal. After that, Klizan´s attitude was awful and Simon really upped his level. He was excellent in the sets 2 & 3 but Klizan still helped him with DFs and easy errors a lot.

Btw to the OP, people who thought that Klizan has a chance here were basing it on Simon´s injury status but that´s clearly a bullshit now. Simon is as healthy as ever, playing really well.
look at this Simon's interview if you want to know what he is suffering from, clearly not BS, has a a recurring neck problem.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=10901218&postcount=328

·
Registered
22,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nobody knew how bad Simon's neck/back was before the match, a healthy Simon is no match for Klizan.
Well, that was pretty much clear after his first match, where he already showed no signs of being injured.

·
Registered
795 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Gilles played pretty well, he just has too much court craft to move the ball around and hit into the open spaces without making errors for someone like Klizan.

Gilles has got to like his chances in the next round too.

·
Registered
19,602 Posts
One thing is sure: Klizan will be never Top10. Not in ATP rankings

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I saw it before the match, that´s why I though that Klizan has a chance here. Then I saw Simon playing as good as ever. Let´s say that he recovered really miraculously. Absolutely no signs of injury/rust now. He even admitted that he´s fine after his R1.
Gilles would never pull out of Nice unless he was truly injured, that is his home tournament where he was born. He will have done everything this last 2 weeks to be fit and get the back/neck right and it looks like it has worked.

Relying on a player maybe being injured for a chance for your fave to win, isn't exactly great tbh.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Gilles would never pull out of Nice unless he was truly injured, that is his home tournament where he was born. He will have done everything this last 2 weeks to be fit and get the back/neck right and it looks like it has worked.

Relying on a player maybe being injured for a chance for your fave to win, isn't exactly great tbh.
agree, Simon is not a faker.

·
Registered
795 Posts

What can you do though? Simon is a better player than Klizan, no doubt about that. Hearing about his injury and bad recent form obviously changes the expectations for the match. Not that I wish him an injury, just thinking about the chances..

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
What can you do though? Simon is a better player than Klizan, no doubt about that. Hearing about his injury and bad recent form obviously changes the expectations for the match. Not that I wish him an injury, just thinking about the chances..
Gilles has been fine on clay, just struggled with injury and being tired from a lot of matches this year already. He beat Paire, Tipsy, Sock, took Ferrer to 3 sets, he just got injured the week after he decided to take a 2 week break so he came in short on matches. He is no slouch on clay.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Gilles has been fine on clay, just struggled with injury and being tired from a lot of matches this year already. He beat Paire, Tipsy, Sock, took Ferrer to 3 sets, he just got injured the week after he decided to take a 2 week break so he came in short on matches. He is no slouch on clay.
Am I saying the otherwise?

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Gillu u hero!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts