Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Premium Member
Stan Wawrinka
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allez.

There is some form. These extremely slow conditions will favour Stan.
Such a pity that Thiem and Wawrinka are in the same section,
could have been easily the Semifinal,
as both can create extreme power in such slow conditions.

Winner of Thiem - Wawrinka (R4) to go all the way.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I think Andy should consider preparing himself to retire at Wimbledon next year.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Sorry to say my prediction came true. Will be interested to see what Murray says in post-match presser.

·
Banned
3,256 Posts
going out on a limb here and assume such result might not be favourable for the transcender in his bid to destroy djokovic in the final. could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I would not be surprised if Stan will make it fo the SF or the F
He looked very sharp at this early stage of the tournament

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Stan looked good, but everybody does against Murray these days so we got to check his next matches. Overall NID, particularly in these conditions, can't believe bookies had it relatively close. Murray is finished.

·
23,933 Posts
Murray needs to get testicle replacement with a pair of steel testicles as well.
But I thought it's all about the testosterone when talking about balls, do steel testicles have them, hehe.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Respect to Murray for showing up. He was not that good, to put it mildly.

Stan played a good match though. Solid first round! He needed to stay focused, because of course he notices Murray is playing far from his best.

·
Registered
19,503 Posts
Murray is Finnish, he just should retire ASAP for his legacy.

His 1st serve is gone, his FH and BH lost their edge, his anticipation and clutchness are totally 1/10 from what they were in his prime.
Embarassing performance today.
Surely there was more fight in him, but he didn't even show it today...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Awful conditions for Murray. Virtually impossible for him to create power, unlike SW, to hit through clay in these heavy conditions.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Honestly I'm not sure weather Andy disserved a wild card. As for Stan, we will in the next round how good he really is. Not so sure that he can hit through this condidations against better players.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Bizarre. There will be an influx of posts about retirement. However I have rarely if ever seen Murray play like that.

Completely different person to the guy in Cinci and the US Open. No energy, no fire, not even the slightest hint of anger.

Hard to understand.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Unexpectedly good from Stan, it's criminal that he is set to meet Thiem so early. On the other hand, the cyborg sadly needs an upgrade or two which he probably won't get. Sad to see a champion in such a state.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts