Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHM is always a very tricky player, especially now that he's back to a good form. Thiem was very clutch when it mattered the most, so props to him.
I'm happy he finished it off before it's too dark to play in RG :)o)

Now, R2 showdown against Nadal! This' gonna be awesome! :worship:

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Well done, Dominic, a good start in RG, good luck next round - no fear.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
THAT was a great match :drool:

Both were hitting sooooo well, but Dominic was unbelievable today :bowdown:
So many nice winners, so much speed on his strokes ( :eek: ) and nice dropshots :worship:

The crowd was very fair towards Dominic, even cheered for nice points from him :eek:
I never expected that.

Very good match, because PHM played very good as well. Dominic was just firing winners left and right today :worship:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Congrats Dom :yeah:
Very solid performance!

The 2nd round vs Nadal should be on Thrusday and since it's a holiday in France, I'm looking forward to see it. :rocker:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
I'm impressed with Thiem, he is still raw but he has such great strokes. Defo becoing a fan of him, helps he is cute with a great ass too ;)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
PHM movement not good enough against someone with this kind of power. Also, Two things I noticed: PHM was beaten time and again by Thiem's kick second serves to PHM's backhand on the ad side. PHM only stepped in a couple times on it. Thiem clearly favors hanging out on the backhand side of the court and running around and crushing an inside out forehand or forehand down the line. The player who beats him here (probably Nadal) has to make Thiem run cross court to his forehand as much as possible. When PHM made him do this, he was usually successful but he didn't do it nearly enough.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
well done! good win, keep getting points =DD

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Great, wanted to see him play Rafa, though I think he'll lose in three but it's a valuable experience and he is the type to rise to the occasion :)

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
going to get cut down Nadal, will need to improve serve stats drastically from today if he wants to come close in any sets. reality check to 'Thiem the new great thing' fans coming in fast

·
Registered
14,627 Posts
Great, wanted to see him play Rafa, though I think he'll lose in three but it's a valuable experience and he is the type to rise to the occasion :)
really? what big matches as Thiem been in and won and 'rose to the occasion' in? I can count like 1 but you seem to think its a regular occurance

1 - 20 of 26 Posts