Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice warm-up for Tsonga. Jo even didn't have to play well, Lindell couldn't create any threat for him.

·
Premium Member
3,780 Posts
Re: Roland Garros R1: [14] Tsonga def, Lindell 6-1 6-2 6-2

Can anyone explain to us how Lindell won 3 matches in Qualies? [Against Hernych in FQR...]

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Lindell has nothing to harm anyone in the top 100. Him making R1 of a grand slam is a pretty good achievement.
Total cakewalk for Tsonga, but he won't be able to take anything from this win

·
MONSOON season.
82,208 Posts
This might well be Lindell's career-high achievement. His game is lackluster. Good on him for qualifying.

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Re: Roland Garros R1: [14] Tsonga def, Lindell 6-1 6-2 6-2

Can anyone explain to us how Lindell won 3 matches in Qualies? [Against Hernych in FQR...]

A) Lindell played better in the qualies than against Tsonga. Going out playing on Court Philippe-Chatrier vs a top10 player was a big step for him. Got nervous and didn't have any answers to Tsongas powerful game.

B) His opponents sucked even worse than him in the qualies. Weak qualification era :devil:

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Easy! Good job Jo.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i echo those wondering how he won 3 matches here.his game ..he has no weapons at all aside from his serve and his shot selection is terrible.

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Lindell has the 'Dementieva' groundstrokes of not being able to get any width on any of his shots. He hits them so straight and not around the side of the ball at all, which meant this was one of the easiest opponents Jo could play. No chance of getting to Jo's BH if you cant get any angle on the ball and Tsonga basically hit a FH comfortably off every ball.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Lindell's BH could barely go over the net so... I never expected him to reach a GS MD, usually he was losing on CH qualies so... Quite an achievement for him.

·
Registered
690 Posts
i echo those wondering how he won 3 matches here.his game ..he has no weapons at all aside from his serve and his shot selection is terrible.
I think he grew up too much to hurt his ground game but not enough to become a serve bot. He's got clay strokes when he should be a fast court player. That is a very bad mix.

So... Quite hard for him to succeed. Still, great result! GL next time Lindell!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
R
Easy! Good job Jo.
Jo Willy the tank engine. Wait for it people. As soon as he hits a good player. Bye bye Willy see you next year for tank number 150. USELESS....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts