:worship: :worship:

Probably some records were made here...

Longest match by number of games, using tiebreaker scoring (best-of-three): 71
Longest RG Qualification match by number of games: 71

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
FO QR2 Arnaboldi d. Herbert 6-4 3-6 27-25

Deserves a thread. They didn't surpass Del Potro-Federer at Olympics did they?

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
this scoreline shouldn't happen on clay. Feel bad for the loser, but also for the winner. Gonna be tough to recover for the final round.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Re: FO QR2 Arnaboldi d. Herbert 6-4 3-6 27-25

Deserves a thread. They didn't surpass Del Potro-Federer at Olympics did they?
Yes, they did.
Both matches lasted 4h26m though - according to RG Twitter profile.

But there was also Tsonga - Raonic match with 66 games at London Olympics (6-3 3-6 25-23 in third) - also beaten by them. :)

Also I'm surprised by Herbert's stamina - since AO he barely played any matches...

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Happy for Andrea. Don't know if he'll be able to put up a fight against Trungelliti, though...
At least the 4.5 hours was spread over two days. His schedule isn't really any different than playing 3 set matches for 4 consecutive days. Not ideal but he shouldn't be completely shattered.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
More than the length is the pressure you feel in such a set that makes you feel even more tired

in normal conditions Arnaboldi would have been fav vs Trungelliti. Now is the other way around

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Thought they were trying a Mahut-Isner special. Feel sorry for Herbert horrible to lose by such a scoreline.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Re: FO QR2 Arnaboldi d. Herbert 6-4 3-6 27-25

Yes, they did.
Both matches lasted 4h26m though
lmao, someone should have told Herbet to take his time on that service game. Reminds me of Nishikori-Raonic not being able to surpass Isner's late finish at US.

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
More than the length is the pressure you feel in such a set that makes you feel even more tired

in normal conditions Arnaboldi would have been fav vs Trungelliti. Now is the other way around
I am not too sure. This match was spread over two days, which facilitates recovery. Trungelliti also rarely wins more than two matches in a row. His game is also not based on dragging out the rallies. And he has never played in a Grand Slam MD before, so there will be nerves. Arnaboldi has shown he can handle the nerves in this match and already qualified last year. And he's fit.

I am still going with the Italian here.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
Arnaboldi hung in there thanks to all the night shifts, all the pizzas delivered, he said to himself 'I'm so fuckin tired of being a nobody' and stuff like that. He's certainly not gonna be afraid of
Trungelliti.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Wow what a result

1 - 20 of 27 Posts