Registered
19,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These QFs surely have to be four of the best I ve ever seen at a slam

Jo vs Nishikori
Stan vs Federer
Murray vs Ferrer

And the very probable blockbuster Djokovic vs Nadal

I m interested in every single match but unfortunately the schedule will probably not allow me to match more than two

When was the last time the QFs at a slam were so exciting?

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
2 are great match-ups. Unfortunately the Swiss clash is one of the most disgusting match-ups in the sport and Ferrer-Murray matches tend to be painful mugfests.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
So only one top 8 seed fails to make the quarter-finals again?

Ferrer/Andy, Jo-Nishikori and Djokovic/Nadal all have the potential to be amazing. The Swiss showdown does too but it will more likely be a comfortable win for Roger with Wawrinka having a meltdown halfway through.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I hate when QF matches are on the same time.
RG and Wimbledon :mad:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm a fan but Murray Ferrer is a terrible matchup for each other especially on clay :eek: Attritional endurance tennis at its worst

·
Registered
11,204 Posts
Reactions: Tennis4Lyf

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Tsonga Nishikori is fantastic but the rest are boring.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Consistentdych :spit:
Funny how one of the most consistent top players so far this season is the only one to not make it into the quarter-finals. He did run into Stronga though so we can't exactly blame him.

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
Superb line-ups.
Superb this, superb that. Is that your word du mois ? :eek:

Wawrinka-Federer won't probably be as good as it can be on paper (as often), but I think the winner won't be the one everyone is expecting. So it's very exciting to see!
Nadal-Djokovic is THE QF we've all been looking for. If Djokovic doesn't win, hell will break loose!
Murray-Ferrer is interesting only for the result that will emerge from it. They match-up very badly.
Nishikori-Tsonga could be interesting or ugly, depending mostly on Tsonga - because Nishikori always makes it worse, brings the level/pleasure down.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Funny how one of the most consistent top players so far this season is the only one to not make it into the quarter-finals. He did run into Stronga though so we can't exactly blame him.
Windych appeared yesterday, if the match was played today i am pretty sure Berdych would have won.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts