Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both players were struggling with conditions (wind) on the beginning and it seemed to affect Nishikori more who was spraying really easy errors and missing basic shots, from all people Tsonga was more reliable player in that moment.

At 5-2, when Tsonga was in position to serve for second set, an accident happen and match was suspended. When play was resumed, Tsonga was broken, but finished job on second attempt.

Nishikori seemed to be different player from that moment though. Finally caught his rhythm, hitting winners left and right, saved 6 BPs in 3th and 4th set combined and with one break lead won both sets.

In fifth set Tsonga was serving on hilariously high level and that allowed him to holding easily his games. Finally converted BP in 4th game, which was enough to win this deciding set with that level of serving.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
awww fuck

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Whew. Great that Kei fought back after the match break with his patented light-of-footwork and winners-everywhere display. But it was phenomenal that Tsonga held strong in front of his home crowd. And he put on his own great display of the heavy, aggressive top-spin ground-stroking and power-serving that has come to define play at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
14,898 Posts
Truly an amazing result!

Nishikori had no business going further. Only external factors like metal stuff falling from Chatrier's roof could help Nishikori get back into the match. It worked, but justice prevailed.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
worst day in tennis .. all my favorite players seem to have lost today. lol

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
Would have been fantastic either way, France organizers getting trolled by their owns shit disgusting logistics if Tsongs had lost the match after losing momentum. And Nishikori because of getting exposed after a disgusting shit easy draw. Nishikori is another one that always have over hyped odds by the bookies like Djokovic sometimes.

Anyway, congrats Jo! Second French SF, you can tell it means a lot for him! Fantastic tennis. :worship:

·
Registered
375 Posts
:drool:

Get it, Stan.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
Feel sad for Kei though. Great effort to come back from 2 sets down. One mistake in the 2nd service game of the 5th set cost him the match.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Yes! Nearly gave me a heart attack when he lost the third and fourth sets, but so pleased he got it done in the end. Allez!

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Nishikori didn't deserve that. WTF was that in first 1.5 sets? Pulling a USO 14 final. First Cilic and now Tsonga. :facepalm:

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
Congrats Jo ! :yeah: I like both players and I was quite neutral towards the outcome of this match but Tsonga was the better player today, he was the one in permanent offensive and he deserves this win

Reach the final now !

1 - 20 of 127 Posts