Mens Tennis Forums banner

How do you feel about Nadal's defeat?

• Hurray! Evil has been defeated! Good has cometh!

Votes: 116 56.0%
  • Nooooo! Rafa!aaaa!!! Here here, let me kiss your biceps!

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • I savor it for the historic value (hypocritical "neutral" fan)

Votes: 40 19.3%
  • Whatever

Votes: 40 19.3%
1 - 20 of 710 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll try to make this as objective as possible. Not that trolls or attention seekers here will care for it, but Novak Djokovic put on an absolute masterclass against Rafa and bludgeoned him off the court. We all knew he could play at this level. It was simply a matter of holding nerves. But also, it should go without saying that the reason Djokovic could play at this level, was Rafa being a shell of his former self.
The trademark down-the-line forehands that were his bread and better were completely missing. The balls that Rafa were playing were so short, it almost looked like it was hitting practice for Nole. The serve was really not there, and combined with Novak's awesome return, it was a struggle to hold on almost every game - a stark contrast to Novak's service games wherein there were many occasions where he held to love.

Add to this, Rafa was playing against an opponent, who except for a brain fart in the middle of the first set, seemed to play like he could barely miss- yes, we saw the best of Novak Djokovic out there - a man playing with purpose looking to conquer his demons from yesteryear. And the fact that, he was playing against a subdued shadow of the once great competitor who used to rule these courts, made it all the more easier for him.

Overall, I'd say this was a great victory for Novak, but not all is lost for Rafa- he can take a walk down the memory lane here and reminisce in comfort at his level of play that made him unbeatable for 9 years. Yes, injuries, decline and old age, are all a part of the game, but to the trolls and fair weather fans who'd be filling this thread soon now - I have one thing to say 14 > 9 even if Novak wins RG this year. Always nice to keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic obliterates "former" king of clay Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Re: Roland Garros QF: (1)Novak Djokovic def. Rafael Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

Djokovic defeats Nadal at RG and gets Fedal Slam while Rafa can't beat Nole at AO

:worship:Career Slam:worship:Fedal Slam:worship:Greatest season ever:worship:GOATovic:worship:Unbeaten streak in big tournaments:worship:possibility of CYGS:worship:peakovic:worship:

:bowdown:Djokovic's volley at 5-3 40-40 in 2nd set:bowdown:

17-6-302, tennis_commentat, Forehand Of Doom, anticaria, Joey Tribbiani, Firstservingman, The Triumvirate:bigwave:

·
Delicious
3,558 Posts

Shoutout to Robin Soderling

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
French Open QF: [1] Djokovic finally def. [6] Nadal 7-5, 6-3, 6-1

Just too fucking strong. Too easy for Nole against 2015dal, King of Clay never showed up. After the 4-0 initial run, it looked like the King of Clay was back but then he missed a shitty smash at *5-6 30-15 and went on to lose the set and eventually the match. Had he made that and got to the tie break and won it...who knows.

Anyway, CGS is coming, CYGS too? :cool: SuperNole is here!!!

Thanks Rafa for this legendary run, 9 out of 11 will be very much difficult to break. :worship: You're still the King of Clay! :worship:

·
Banned
923 Posts
RG QF: Djokovic d. Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
RG QF: Djokovic def. Nadal 7-5, 6-3, 6-1

YES! YES! YES!

The King of Clay has been routined and dethroned!

Well done, No1e! Well done, you beast! Without a doubt, the best in the world!

Two more wins to history!

·
Registered
351 Posts

I hope we can get a month off from MrMarble and Matt01 now.

ITT a roasted capybara and a baguette

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Re: RG 15 QF: Djokovic def. Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

Dawn has broken.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Re: French Open QF: [1] Djokovic finally def. [6] Nadal 7-5, 6-3, 6-1

Sure made it hard for himself, but at least it's done. Can't wait for the semis!

Nadal :hug:

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Re: RG 15 QF: Djokovic def. Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

Peak Rafa destroyed by old and tired Nole. lol

·
Registered
4,064 Posts

Son of God did what noone else could do, straight setting Rafa on his favourite court. Nole you fucking legend :worship: :bowdown: :rocker2:

Credit to Gusztav for this GIF

·
The Last Mohican
24,737 Posts
Re: Novak Djokovic obliterates "former" king of clay Nadal 7-5 6-3 6-1

Fate Ended Delusions. The Slamless Dull. Need I say more? Nadull is in free fall. I am in the clouds. Best day ever!!

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: RG QF: Djokovic def. Nadal 7-5, 6-3, 6-1

It's bbq time...no?

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

It finally happened, after six long years!

:wavey:

Ps. Happy Birthday

1 - 20 of 710 Posts