Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Time to see some more of Andrey again, phenomenal player at times. Dare I say he has a shot at beating Nadal? No, I don't.

·
MONSOON season.
82,306 Posts
Important points here for Kuznetsov. He is currently not in the Top 100 and he has a third round to defend at Wimbledon and the US Open, so these points are vital.

Should still be an easy prey for Nadal.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Should of been a routine 3 set win but he completely choked the 2nd. Still when it's Andrey you take any win.

Also where's Illusive man ? Congrats to him

Reactions: Illusive Man

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Thanks, IrelandisMine :lol: I was actually at an awards ceremony, sneaking looks at the score before it began...but I didn't see anything after it started. Unfortunately, I had the chance to follow Kuznetsov's choke, but I'm happy to see he dug it out - something he would not have done a year ago. Ridiculously hard to see him taking a set over Rafa, but stranger things have happened.

Also, while we're congratulating fans, I'd like to give a shout out to the other big Kuznetsov fan on this site, 10ahcity :)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Obvious Meltzdown after failing to serve out the fourth and then missing BP/SP in the following game. He looked like he was going to explode.

I imagine the memories of the third set breaker didn't help him keep his cool.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks, IrelandisMine :lol: I was actually at an awards ceremony, sneaking looks at the score before it began...but I didn't see anything after it started. Unfortunately, I had the chance to follow Kuznetsov's choke, but I'm happy to see he dug it out - something he would not have done a year ago. Ridiculously hard to see him taking a set over Rafa, but stranger things have happened.

Also, while we're congratulating fans, I'd like to give a shout out to the other big Kuznetsov fan on this site, 10ahcity :)
:wavey:
I predicted he would make the 3rd round before the tournament began. He always brings his best at the big events.

I couldn't watch this one either but I was following the live scores religiously :lol: At 6-1 5-3 I thought it was safe to look away for 15 minutes...I thought Andrey blew the match in typical Andrey fashion after losing the second but to my surprise he stayed with it throughout the third and fourth sets and managed to pull it out!

US Open 3rd round he ran into Murray, AUS 2nd round Novak, and now Rafa. Yes, it is good experience, but I would rather him have a legitimate chance to advance in the tournament, or even face the second tier of top players. It would be good if he can sneak a set but he is going to have to play at a very high level. If he plays the way he was against Jaziri then I wouldn't count him out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts