Mens Tennis Forums banner

Bottom half finalist

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's safe to say the bottom half is way more interesting the top half - both in terms of playing styles (shotmakers/ballstrikers like Federer, Nishikori, Berdych, Wawrinka, Monfils, Tsonga, etc... vs grinders/endless retrievers like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Ferrer) and unpredictability (Nadal/Djokovic winner huge favorite to make the final, while at least 5 different players have a good chance in the bottom half).

So who will make it? IMO, Federer and Nishikori are joint favorites, but with Berdych, Wawrinka and Monfils not far behind.

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
Nishikori vs Ferrer would be an epic RG final :yeah:

I can only dream...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Nishikori or Monfils.

Hopefully the justice will prevail and it will not be Federer.

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
I have a feeling it's going to be Berdych the way he's playing this year. He should wipe out the competition in the early rounds in a way that I don't trust Nishikori or even Federer to do (Monfils in R16). And that Berdych/Nishikori match is very much up in the air.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Fognini-Monfils semifinal with both retiring at the same time, the winner of the other semifinal gets the trophy right after the semi.

·
Banned
858 Posts
Absolutely irrelevant in grand scheme of things. Bottom half reminds me this year's East Conference at NBA. Winner of it will be hammered in the final, no matter who is second finalist.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Probably Berdych or Federer. I would fancy Nishikori but he has some quality clay courters in his way so it looks like he will have a tough road. But really this half of the draw is wide open and I could even see Stan doing it if he can get his shit together.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Nishikori will come good

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
So it's safe to say the bottom half is way more interesting the top half - both in terms of playing styles (shotmakers/ballstrikers like Federer, Nishikori, Berdych, Wawrinka, Monfils, Tsonga, etc... vs grinders/endless retrievers like Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Ferrer) and unpredictability (Nadal/Djokovic winner huge favorite to make the final, while at least 5 different players have a good chance in the bottom half).

So who will make it? IMO, Federer and Nishikori are joint favorites, but with Berdych, Wawrinka and Monfils not far behind.
Lol...Nishikori a shotmaker. There is no more similar player to Djokovic than him on tour currently, except that Nishikori`s shotmaking skills are worse.

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol...Nishikori a shotmaker. There is no more similar player to Djokovic than him on tour currently, except that Nishikori`s shotmaking skills are worse.
:lol: I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't really watch tennis and just say they're similar because they both wear Uniqlo.

·
Registered
645 Posts
:lol: I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you don't really watch tennis and just say they're similar because they both wear Uniqlo.
and how are they different? except Djokovic is making his shots...

anyhow, nobody cares. whoever make the finals will not win it...

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Please don't quote him, you expose me to his ridiculous hateful blabbing. And ignore his posts. Not worth it.

Obviously Djokovic is a shotmaker and his shotmaking skills are better than Nishikoris or anyone on the tour barring peak Federer.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts