Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I think Marach/Klaasen will break up asap (possibly after this season). Watched all their recent matches and they look abysmal. I know that Marach has several injuries and I think at one point in their match today he said "I can't move.". It's crazy that they were still seeded #10 at Roland Garros. It's a bit sad to see because less than 2 years ago Marach was #2 in the doubles world ranking.

I think a bit similar about Kubot/Melo. I watched them in Rome and it seemed that Melo couldn't move at all aswell. Not sure, if it is just a one time issue for him or some injury he has been carrying around. However since the tour restarted they are 2-4 in matches and couldn't win back to back matches.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Granollers/Zeballos were close to losing. 4-0 down in deciding tiebreak against Johnson/Querrey, but they managed to turn it around. Today they won again and advance to R3.

Kubot/Melo lost vs. Monroe/Paul, that's also quite a shocking loss. I watched a bit of 3rd set and Paul was destroying the serve of both Kubot and Melo. Monroe was strong at the net. But it's a bit of an embarrassing loss, Monroe basically has no serve and gets broken in Challengers often as well.

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
Chardy/Martin marching on.

Monroe in R3. Lol. Good for the "old" man with glaring weaknesses in his game, but a true passion for the sport.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chardy/Martin marching on.

Monroe in R3. Lol. Good for the "old" man with glaring weaknesses in his game, but a true passion for the sport.
Also Nielsen/Puetz took out Hamburg winners Peers/Venus. Puetz was amazing, hit return winners at will in the game they broke. Peers had 7 opportunities to convert a breakpoint but often he netted the return.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
it's funny how fluctuating the performance of players and doubles teams can be. puetz was 0-3 since the restart. in cincy he played with zverev and zverev did play really bad, so i cannot blame puetz.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Very disappointing loss for Granollers/Zeballos. Murray/Skupski almost lost to Guinard/Rinderknech.
Eeek, I only saw the second set and Granollers/Zeballos were the better pair, thought they had a shot at the title....
And dear me what a freaking loss by Pospisock ffs, Sock was playing out of his mind, ahead in the tb and lost it.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rojer/Tecau had a 0-40 to break Pavic, but Pavic served 5 bombs after that to hold. At 5-5, Rojer/Tecau got in trouble due 2 Tecau double faults, a lucky Soares return gave the break to the Brazilian/Croatian team.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Again Zeballos played fuck service games in GS.The two USOs.And then this.I really doubt their furture at GS.Why Marci always choose partners by who is his goodfriend...
Really I'm too tired...For Marci's ability now why hecan't deserve a partner with good mental strength at GS.....I know maybe you guys would think with only one year together 1GS-rup 2MS 1 500 would be great but I just think he deserve more......sorry I'm not look down on Horacio but maybe some people just can't hold up at GS......Remind me of DC finals last year...As no3 in doubles the Argentina captain just didn't let him play(Even I still think ARG could have a different result with him because Marci has big big problems playing against his friend)...now I can understand the captain more and more

So unhappy after the match that constantly two night I didn't take dinner and just can't sleep.I feel like I can't be happy for tennis anymore.EVEN IF in the furture they can win more MS and 500 so what...Still no furture for GS

Of course for sure they still have a lot to improve,mainly Marci's return at ad court(As far as I can see far away from his ability in deuce court) and their teamwork...but something maybe just can't make up.....

How I miss Paris 2018,how I dreaming of see again Marci return like that throughout one event,what a pity he choose to switch court...And I saw what Ram comment on him recently...How I wish they were together since then...

And one more fuck thing,especially after Kitzbuhel final,one match which is obviously Horacio's fault(How can anyone have a 0-9 record against player like Skugor,losing from hard to clay to grass,from challenger to GS?????)when I found most unhappy gamblers say fuck things in Marci's previous Instagram post...Don't tell me it's Marci's fault that he can't save a little of his partner's record against Skugor...

Ohh I forget this...Before RG start,Zeballos said to his Argentina reporter in online interview that he wants no1 and RG champions...And then now??hehe...Never say anything you can't turn it to reality...

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Rojer Tecau should have won this, up a break in the third. Then Tecau collapsed and Pavic started to return like a beast.
Rojer was insanely clutch when he was serving at 3-4 3rd set, but it still wasn't enough. Pavic returned everything. In the last game, Rojer hit 2 return winners, but Tecau was useless. Shame, they were the better team for the most part.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rojer was insanely clutch when he was serving at 3-4 3rd set, but it still wasn't enough. Pavic returned everything. In the last game, Rojer hit 2 return winners, but Tecau was useless. Shame, they were the better team for the most part.
Rojer played at a very good level indeed.. Tecau played good as well, just had a few patches in which he messed it up (also these double faults in set 1, when his service game got broken..)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts