Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that there's no cheering thread for Roko?!? Well, if that's the case, then I'm starting one!

After qualifying for the 2008 AO and then reaching the QF of the Heilbronn challenger (he beat Berrer in the second round), he will reach a new career-high ranking when the January 28 rankings come out. Go, Roko!!!

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Belgrade Challenger

round 1

Roko Karanusic beat Tomas Zib 6:2 3:6 6:3

round 2 vs Peya

Tennis Tennis racket Racket Racquet sport Sports

·
Registered
32,173 Posts
:lol: I totaly missed this thread :scratch:

Anyway,Roko plays tomorrow second match on centre court against Peya (there's a livestream),good luck :bounce:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
He struggled against Zib, I thought he might have a problem with Peya
This win is impressive
Good luck in QF :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having reached the QF at Belgrade, Roko might reach a new career-high ranking next week (for sure if he reaches the SF). He doesn't have many points to defend over the next 2-3 months, so it's very possible that he'll break into the top 100 for the first time.

If that happens, and since Ancic will probably be back in the top 100 soon (if he remains healthy). there would be five Croats in the top 100. That would be impressive! I believe the record is four, which happened recently when Ljubicic, Karlovic, Cilic and Ancic were all among the top 100 at the same time.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
:woohoo: Roko is in the semifinal :)
Bozoljac retired, and Roko will play against another Serb Viktor Troicki

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now that he's in the SF, Roko is guaranteed to have a new career-high ranking, somewhere around 110-115. If he wins his next match, he'll move up to around 105. What's even better, he doesn't have many points to defend through the end of May (only 66).

·
Registered
97,305 Posts
Wow Roko :eek: I am surprised, but well done! I've heard the surface in Belgrade is very fast... this is definitely in his favour.

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Roko def. Troicki 6-4 6-4
Final against Beck probably.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
i think mario will be top100 next week too!! five croats would be a record if roko can win the title here

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Championship Sports Competition event Tennis Award

Congrats Roko!!! :clap2:

He was playing really great throughout the whole tournament! :worship:

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
a really well deserved victory. i hope this motivates him to keep working hard. he has top50 potential

1 - 20 of 73 Posts