·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So you're alive! :devil:

Reactions: nadalfan2015

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Only Nadullrecord believes in shit Roig keeps telling. Says what Na-dull will going to be competitive in majors in his thirties! :lol:

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
No need for Nadalito to be able to compete with everybody at the next USO/AO, no, because as always The-friend-of-KiAO will be in the opposite half from two best HC players and other contenders there, currently it means Djokovic/Stanimal,Cilic,Tsonga,Monfils etc. and one of Nishi/Murray if regretfully they both cannot be avoided because of the seeding.

But he should be able to compete with Olderer if they both reach SF at USO or AO, as at AO'14 & '12, and then simply default in the F (because of the back or wrist/knee, stomach ...) against the winner of the 5th and 6th 5-setter Djokovic/Stanimal in the last 7 HC slams (if Nishikori doesn't beat one of them in the QF again).

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
TBF, he might just telling the truth..Even 2015Dal has shown glimpses of his old self that if sustained for a couple hours might just be enough to see him through vs 95% of the tour (vs Berdyh @ Madrid, Isner @Rome, 1 and half set vs Roanic @ IW, last 2 sets vs Anderson @ AO)..But his low level confidence and FH has let him down at different stages of his losses to non-Djokovic opponents. Take for example the QF vs Berdych in AO; Nadal would have won that match had his barely decent 3rd set form/intensity was what he brought to the table from the beginning..

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Rafa has won 4 out of their last 5 grandslam meetings. Enough said.

·
|
15,352 Posts
"Novak Djokovic is a spot above everyone else, but I don't think he is better than the other years."
He got that right. Djokovic effing sucks as per usual and is at the mercy of aging Rafa as usual.
Prime Djokovic has lost 4 of their last 5 slam meetings, despite Rafa not being in his Prime for any of them.

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
When Rafa plays deep and close to the baseline, it's always on his racquet even against Djokovic.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
"Novak Djokovic is a spot above everyone else, but I don't think he is better than the other years."
He got that right. Djokovic effing sucks as per usual and is at the mercy of aging Rafa as usual.
Prime Djokovic has lost 4 of their last 5 slam meetings, despite Rafa not being in his Prime for any of them.
If not in his prime then a bery, bery, muy, mucho fresher, no, after 7 months off and e.g. skipping AO'13 and Wimb.(1R loss) playing against tired Djokovic at USO'13 F who was in the full throttle the whole 12 month period and played (as usually) 5-setter SF against Stanimal, whereas Nadal had an SF exibition against Gasquet as against Youzhny at USO'10 SF, because he is always in the other half from two best HC players at AO/USO, 2008-2011 from peak-Federer/Djokovic and 2012-2015 peak-Djokovic/Stanimal where there is a next to zero chance for the fluke semifinalist and an easy SF.

Can Nadal at least once in his carrer be scheduled to play one of the two best current HC players in the slam SF as peak-Federer, Djokovic and Stanimal played against each other many times, before the F against Nadal or somebody else ?

The answer is, maybe once before retirement, but not the next USO and AO, for sure, no.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rafa has won 4 out of their last 5 grandslam meetings. Enough said.
Since 2011, Novak is 14-7 against Rafa. Thats a convincing win. Against Rafa, this is a demolition.

I know that Nadal fans like to point out their slam head-to-head... so it is 4-4 since 2011, and excluding RG, which is the only tournament in the whole year where Rafa is dominant, it is 3-1 in slams in favor of Novak.

However, I disagree with the need for only looking at slam head-to-head for Rafa-Novak. Why? Because the non-slam matches between them are not the first rounds of 250's. They are either the finals or semi-finals of Masters tournament, which are important matches. Both of them give importance to Masters tournaments as is clear from the fact that both of them are the leaders in the tally of masters titles won among all players in history.

So all matches between them are important and their full head-to-head must be considered.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Since 2011, Novak is 14-7 against Rafa. Thats a convincing win. Against Rafa, this is a demolition.

I know that Nadal fans like to point out their slam head-to-head... so it is 4-4 since 2011, and excluding RG, which is the only tournament in the whole year where Rafa is dominant, it is 3-1 in slams in favor of Novak.

However, I disagree with the need for only looking at slam head-to-head for Rafa-Novak. Why? Because the non-slam matches between them are not the first rounds of 250's. They are either the finals or semi-finals of Masters tournament, which are important matches. Both of them give importance to Masters tournaments as is clear from the fact that both of them are the leaders in the tally of masters titles won among all players in history.

So all matches between them are important and their full head-to-head must be considered.
That's all well and good but tennis existed before 2011 and Novak was a great player before that too - he was in the top 3 - ranked much better than Nadal has been for much of last few years given his absences from tour. :rolleyes: When Nadal was at his "best" (08-09), Novak wasn't and same is true now. When both are playing at their best it is a very tight match - though I would say generally Novak would win on hard and Nadal would win on clay - this is what the overall H2H tells us. No one player has overall superiority over the entirety of their careers.

·
Registered
22,064 Posts

since 2011? What's the point in excluding the years prior to 2011? Because Djokovic was only at his peak/prime since 2011? He was already a great player prior to 2011 anyway. and What about Nadal? Nadal's best was 08-early 09, and 2010. Since 2011 Nadal wasn't at his peak anymore, are you just gonna ignore that or what? So please cut the crap of "since 2011", their matches prior to 2011 also count.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts

Yeah and since 2006 their H2H is 23-21, what's your point? Yes, their full H2H must be considered, not from 2011 till now. Why don't we count it from 2012 AO onwards or from AO 2012 till RG 2014? And please, look at the matches next time, not just numbers. You could see that after 2011, Nadal changed his style to trouble Djokovic more, which helped him to beat Djokovic at US Open 2013. It's not like they play the same way every time they meet, there's a tactic behind it.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
since 2011? What's the point in excluding the years prior to 2011? Because Djokovic was only at his peak/prime since 2011? He was already a great player prior to 2011 anyway. and What about Nadal? Nadal's best was 08-early 09, and 2010. Since 2011 Nadal wasn't at his peak anymore, are you just gonna ignore that or what? So please cut the crap of "since 2011", their matches prior to 2011 also count.
Every match counts, but since the other one was cherry picking he replied doing the same. In 2011 both were at their best though, Nadal was at his best until mid 2012 and again in summer 2013 (in HC, not on clay).

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
I see that Hamburg win has gotten to Nadaltards' heads. I can't wait to see if you'll all hide away when he loses early in the coming tournaments or if you'll say that poor Rafa was tired and injured and that he would have easily won if he was fresh and healthy. What a shit, deluded fanbase. He's playing like shit this year on his best surface so he won't do any better on hardcourt.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Why are Nadaltards acting dense on here? The guy gave you the head to head since Djokovic hit his prime. Why are you tarding out and arguing with him? It's so stupid and pointless. Why can't you ever just say fine and move on and stop trying to counter everything? Anytime Nadal does not come out on top based on numbers you go into a frenzy but you have no problem quoting the inflated GS record based on 7 French Open meetings....Anyways...This Roig guy is either very confident and knows what he is talking about or delusional as hell. I guess we will have to see. He says Djokovic is not better this year but I believe he is telling himself and Rafa that because clearly that serve is better if nothing else. Also, I'm not sure Nadal can beat Murray or Wawrinka. I guess we will have to see.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nadal will be beaten by Murray easily in the rest of the season. Let alone Djokovic. His level is still low, his tactic needs change, confidence is shaken. Don`t see him entering significant winning streak before clay season next year.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts