• Djokovic

Votes: 41 45.6%
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4-3 Rogie leads on clay for starters.

Rogie's clay stats: 198-62 on clay, 24 clay finals overall (10-14 record, 10 titles), 5 FO finals (1-4 record, 1 title), 15 clay masters finals (6-9 record, 6 titles).

Djokovic's clay stats: 144-40 record, 16 clay finals overall (9-7 record, 9 titles), 2 FO finals (0-2 record, 0 titles), 9 clay masters finals (6-4 record, 5 titles).

I'd say it's very close, better comparison than the Mugray-Sampras one.

·
Registered
6,181 Posts
They both are good on clay.. #2-3 in this era.. Unlike buttpicker on indoor hard - clown is barely in top-50 there :lol:

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truth is, Rogie would've won a lot more on clay if not for Rafa. He did too somewhat before Rafa totally took over. I think Rogie would've won 4-5 FO titles if not for Rafa. Take 2005 for instance, if not for having to face Rafa in the SF he'd have beaten whoever else it was and I'm certain he would've beaten Mariano Puerta in the final. That's 2 titles right there at the FO, take the 4 losses to Rafa too in the finals in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2011 and he could've won against any other opponent I'd say except maybe in 2008, that's the 5 FO titles total right there. Also the 2006, 2007, and 2008 Monte Carlo losses to Rafa and the 2006 and 2013 Rome losses to Rafa, he'd have likely beaten almost anyone else. Those are two titles that Rogie's never won because of Rafa. In conclusion: Rogie's a great clay court player overall before 2012 or so, but because of Rafa's being the best clay court player ever, it somewhat gets overshadowed.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They both are good on clay.. #2-3 in this era.. Unlike buttpicker on indoor hard - clown is barely in top-50 there :lol:
I agree with all of the above. The best clay courters in their career's in this era are #1 Rafa, #2 Rogie, and #3 Djokovic. Also indeed Rafa is a far worse player on indoor hard courts than Rogie and Djokovic. Another good comparison is Rogie vs. Djokovic on hard courts (outdoors and indoors).

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Djokovic.

Federer is the greatest ever that;s ever played, but Djokovic is the better claycourter.

2011 Djokovic vs 2006 Federer on clay and Djokovic would win in somewhat comfortable fashion.

You can throw all the stats out there you want and like. Not interested. If you get tennis, you know Djokovic is better on clay. End-of-discussion for me.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Rogie didn't have to deal with peak Rafa on clay. Rafa has won RG 5 times in a row during Djokovic's era. Only managed to get it 4 times in a row in Rogie's era. Djokovic will never get as lucky as Fraud did in 2009.

·
External factor expert
4,211 Posts
Time will tell, Federer fans will hug the statistics, no way in hell will I be able to convince them Federer played Baby Nadal, while Djokovic had to actually beat peak Nadal.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rafa's always been a beast on clay, Baby Rafa or Peak Rafa, it didn't matter. Rafa improved greatly on grass and outdoor hard courts from his baby days, but he was always the same on clay.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Djokovic.

Federer is the greatest ever that;s ever played, but Djokovic is the better claycourter.

2011 Djokovic vs 2006 Federer on clay and Djokovic would win in somewhat comfortable fashion.

You can throw all the stats out there you want and like. Not interested. If you get tennis, you know Djokovic is better on clay. End-of-discussion for me.
and yet 2011 Djokovic lost to 2011 Federer at RG :lol:

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Rogie didn't have to deal with peak Rafa on clay. Rafa has won RG 5 times in a row during Djokovic's era. Only managed to get it 4 times in a row in Rogie's era. Djokovic will never get as lucky as Fraud did in 2009.
Eh? I'd take the 06-07 Nadal on clay over the 13-14 Nadal on clay.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts
Time will tell, Federer fans will hug the statistics, no way in hell will I be able to convince them Federer played Baby Nadal, while Djokovic had to actually beat peak Nadal.

He still hasn't beaten him yet on the biggest stage - ie RG.
Hopefully this year is the year to finally get that monkey off his back.
Overall they are fairly even, but Novak's recent performances suggest he should nail any Federer clay records with interest.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[/B]

He still hasn't beaten him yet on the biggest stage - ie RG.
Hopefully this year is the year to finally get that monkey off his back.
Overall they are fairly even, but Novak's recent performances suggest he should nail any Federer clay records with interest.
Djokovic might very well end up the better clay court player possibly, but on hardcourts I'm thinking he'll at best equal Rogie and Rogie will definitely have had the better grass court career.

·
WOAT Predictor
7,007 Posts
Djokovic might very well end up the better clay court player possibly, but on hardcourts I'm thinking he'll at best equal Rogie and Rogie will definitely have had the better grass court career.
Djoker's hard court titles are heavily biased towards the AO, his last few (summer) North American hard court seasons have not been good.
Grass is a no contest, Roger the best there is along with Pete Sampras.
The next 1-2 seasons are really make or break for Novak on clay, otherwise he may end up like Roddick or Lendl at Wimbledon.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Djokovic.

Considering Federer destroyed Djokovic at the 2011 French Open..... :unsure:

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
Considering Federer destroyed Djokovic at the 2011 French Open..... :unsure:
Who cares? Djokovic has clearly troubled Federer on clay more than Federer has troubled Nadal.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Djokovic is better. Djokovic beat Nadal in 4 Masters on clay, and came closer than anyone to giving Rafa his 2nd ever loss at the FO. Unfortunately, Djokovic isn't as lucky as Federer was in his prime and hasn't had a guy like Soderling do his dirty work for him.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts