Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's getting close to the record for most match wins on hard courts. He's currently second all-time with 585 match wins on hard courts. Agassi is first with 598 match wins, so Rogie's next 13-15 wins are all huge. 598 to tie Agassi, 599 for #1 all-time, and 600 is a nice round milestone number as well.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
He could do it at home in the Davis Cup

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Where can I see the leaders of match wins on different surfaces?

·
Registered
11,780 Posts

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's fair to say Rogie will be the undisputed King Of Hardcourts once he gets to win #599. Most hard court titles all time, most hard court wins all time, and I believe most hard court grand slams all time with 9 (4 AOs and 5 USOs).

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
It will be a heck of a milestone.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Roger will thrash Baldassi's record easily and give him another reason to CRY. Just a prediction.

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
Roger will thrash Baldassi's record easily and give him another reason to CRY. Just a prediction.
Why do you dislike bald people? :sad:

On Topic:
Federer will surely surpass that record by the end of the year.
But IMO Djokovic will surpass him on hard courts by the end of his career.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts

Shouldn't be too much of a problem, four masters, one slam and WTF + Basel all being on hard, two wins pr tournament on average will do it. And except in WTF he won't meet any high ranked players early.

Whether or not Djokovic can threaten the record will depend upon how long he stay motivated, I guess. Not everyone plays until mid-thirties. He had 350 wins on hard at the start of the season and won 53 matches last year, so should take him five years to reach 600 even if he doesn't decline in that period. And Federer is likely to move the bar a bit.

·
The Last Mohican
24,521 Posts
Why do you dislike bald people? :sad:

On Topic:
I like Davydenko & Ljubicic very much. :cool: Nothing against baldies except one particular baldie who has been talking A LOT of crap lately. Every record that he loses is a gain for Roger and his fans.

·
Registered
4,573 Posts
I like Davydenko & Ljubicic very much. :cool: Nothing against baldies except one particular baldie who has been talking A LOT of crap lately. Every record that he loses is a gain for Roger and his fans.
Davydenko , Ljubicic and ...... BLAKE slade ;) Blake is a good baldie too !

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Shouldn't be too much of a problem, four masters, one slam and WTF + Basel all being on hard, two wins pr tournament on average will do it. And except in WTF he won't meet any high ranked players early.

Whether or not Djokovic can threaten the record will depend upon how long he stay motivated, I guess. Not everyone plays until mid-thirties. He had 350 wins on hard at the start of the season and won 53 matches last year, so should take him five years to reach 600 even if he doesn't decline in that period. And Federer is likely to move the bar a bit.
Of course Djokovic will decline as everyone.He plays as Nadal very tough
and soon or late as he is close to 28 injuries would come. He is sliding on hard court and everywhere and in the end will play the price. I do not think Rafa or Novak will play like Federer at 33

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Of course Djokovic will decline as everyone.He plays as Nadal very tough
and soon or late as he is close to 28 injuries would come. He is sliding on hard court and everywhere and in the end will play the price. I do not think Rafa or Novak will play like Federer at 33
Maybe they won't. Federer still playing the way he does at 33 is mighty impressive. But at the same time it shouldn't be neglected that Nadal was a slam winner and #2 at 19, Djokovic was a slam winner and #3 at 20. Federer was a month shy of 22 when he won his first Wimbledon.

Rafa and Novak probably won't play like Federer at 33 but Federer didn't play like them at 20. It goes both ways.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Maybe they won't. Federer still playing the way he does at 33 is mighty impressive. But at the same time it shouldn't be neglected that Nadal was a slam winner and #2 at 19, Djokovic was a slam winner and #3 at 20. Federer was a month shy of 22 when he won his first Wimbledon.

Rafa and Novak probably won't play like Federer at 33 but Federer didn't play like them at 20. It goes both ways.
I do not know but Federer i think did a lot better as junior as well.

·
Super Moderator
62,003 Posts

It the discussion about hard court match victories Djokovic' has no advantage from blossoming early. He does not have more HC wins than Federer did at the same age. So he'll likely have to play well into his 30s to get this record. Not that this is the most prestigious one to have, but since it's the topic of this discussion..:shrug:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts