Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at their head to head and it’s pretty incredible - 6.5 years since Rogie has been able to beat Nole in a deciding set. The few times that Rogie has beaten Nole since Dubai 2014 were all in straights.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
I was just looking at their head to head and it’s pretty incredible - 6.5 years since Rogie has been able to beat Nole in a deciding set. The few times that Rogie has beaten Nole since Dubai 2014 were all in straights.
Then the second set was the deciding set.... you absolute turnip.

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Federer deciding set 'H2Hs':

Vs Djokovic: 5-14
Vs Nadal: 6-7
Vs Murray 1-6

Federer isn't a warrior. Sure he's probably the most talented player and overwhelms most players on his good days, but when he does face resistance he's often found lacking. If you had to pick a player to play a single tennis match for your soul Nadal and Djokovic are far better candidates.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Federer deciding set 'H2Hs':

Vs Djokovic: 5-14
Vs Nadal: 6-7
Vs Murray 1-6

Federer isn't a warrior. Sure he's probably the most talented player and overwhelms most players on his good days, but when he does face resistance he's often found lacking. If you had to pick a player to play a single tennis match for your soul Nadal and Djokovic are far better candidates.
god that record against Murray - wow. Horrendous against Nole too. Funny how it’s actually almost respectable against Rafa but even there it’s a losing record

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
He also hasn't beaten him in a match of any real meaning in almost a decade (2012 W).

And its only going to get WORSE. By the end of 2022. Djokovic will have a record no other player will ever touch.

Reactions: bbcbbc and Eliande

·
Registered
2,380 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
its a very selective stat:

It is of no concern. on Make a GIF

Reactions: Darth Vaderer

·
Registered
98 Posts
A few things come to mind.

First, of course you hear the clock ticking louder when you are the older player who is ahead in the history books. Sampras, Rafa and Nole have never been the hunted during their careers. Everytime time Rafa or Nole played Roger, Roger was older and ahead of them, the one being hunted. E.g. AO 2009. I do believe this adds a special psychological pressure. It didn't surprise me that Roger won AO 2017 after injury and hence, low expectations. Nole and Rafa might feel this additional pressure against younger players in the future like e.g. Thiem.

Second, there are many reasons as to why one ends up playing a 5 setter in the first place. Top players keep fighting, even if they are not 100%. Some players are so fit, that it's sometimes part of their strategy to stretch out matches. Roger is not that player and he said so in interviews. Nothing wrong with that as tennis needs variety to entertain.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
and Nadal didn't taken set on HC against Nole since 2013... anyway, Roger is best because his playing style is more beautiful than Nadovic.

·
Registered
250 Posts
and Nadal didn't taken set on HC against Nole since 2013... anyway, Roger is best because his playing style is more beautiful than Nadovic.
Nah, that's not why he is the best. He has to be considered the GOAT cause he has the most hair on the top part of his body.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
"He did not need a deciding set."

"He did not have to play a deciding set."

/thread

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
View attachment 357690

This USO-RG leg really did hit hard for those Noletards 😂
Half of them are long gone, the other half are creating useless threads like madmen.
Turn off the PC man, come back during AO when your pusher maybe has chance to win something.
Im not sure if this was directed at me, but just to clarify- I’m a fan of Rogie, not Nole

1 - 20 of 55 Posts