Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HUGE mental win for richie. For pospisil its disapointing and a ranking plummet to just inside the top 50 now and no seeding for the US open(i dont think, im sure ill be corrected if im wrong)

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Toronto R1: Gasquet def Pospisil 7-5, 7-5

Generally solid from Gasquet, while Pospisil seemed too gassed. Rushed points, and tried to make too much happen on the forehand side. Richard eats that sort of impatience up.

Unpleasant ending with the DF.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Vasek will lose some serious points with this defeat

Gasquet winning when it matters most

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Much needed win. Congrats Richard :yeah:

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Pospisil just handed him the win today Gasquet is still a boring pusher with some flashy shots :zzz:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: Toronto R1: Gasquet def Pospisil 7-5, 7-5

I think Vasek was tired he tried and he fought hard when he was down 4-1 in the second set. I still think Vasek needs a fitness trainer he needs to get physically stronger. The fitness cost Vasek this match guys like Djokovic, Wawrinka are in incredible physical shape. Vasek fitness needs to improve if he wants to go higher. Sadly, I thought he could pull through the match he now loses 360 points. Anyone know how far Vasek is going to drop in the rankings? I think Vasek can get into the next Masters event right?

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I think Vasek was tired he tried and he fought hard when he was down 4-1 in the second set. I still think Vasek needs a fitness trainer he needs to get physically stronger. The fitness cost Vasek this match guys like Djokovic, Wawrinka are in incredible physical shape. Vasek fitness needs to improve if he wants to go higher. Sadly, I thought he could pull through the match he now loses 360 points. Anyone know how far Vasek is going to drop in the rankings? I think Vasek can get into the next Masters event right?
he's clinging inside the top 50 still.he'll provisionally be 47th. young, kyrgios, sock and seppi are the guys capable of overtaking him but all have difficult 2nd rounds so..

·
Registered
67,452 Posts

good bye to vasek´s ranking...he fought a lot in the end though

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Sad for Vasek this means no seeding at the US Open unless he has a miracle result next week. This guy is so disappointing and frustrating to root for. Vasek fitness needs to improve does he have a fitness trainer? I am serious something physical always seems to happen to Vasek. Now Vasek loses a ton of points 360 and his ranking will drop like a rock. Next, week is critical if Vasek can play and win some matches maybe he can get seeded at the US Open? This guy is two steps forward one step back.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Where are the Canadians now? :p Three of their compatriots gone.

Not a great match from Richard, but well done for holding his composure after it looked like a repeat of Washington with Pospisil's rebreak. Good for his confidence and Pospisil has a good future ahead anyway.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Unfortunate injury for Pops...Now Milos and PEte must carry the torch.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Unfortunate injury for Pops...Now Milos and PEte must carry the torch.
Vasek is always injured it is a broken record he needs a fitness trainer ASAP! If Vasek can hire a trainer to travel with him it would help him a lot I feel. It just seems to me Vasek is not in shape he's always tired and exhausted or injured.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Sweet revenge for Richie after choking away last week's match. It's been a terrible year for him so far but maybe he can get it back on track. :yeah:

·
Registered
5,096 Posts

The important consequence isn't his ranking, imo. It's his confidence.

Hopefully, he can recover mentally and physically in time to make a good showing in Cinci prior to the USO. I would hate to see the momentum he's built on this summer to stagger because of this.

On the flip side, I hope Gasquet can capitalize on this victory. Big win for him.

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
Nice straight sets win for Richard! :yippee: Allez!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts