Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger's new racquet?

There are still many details yet to be uncovered, but, is this Roger Federer’s racquet for next year? Looks like it’s 90 square inches as well, but with some redesign. All sorts of speculation have been spurring around as to Roger’s racquet and his feelings on switching to a frame with a larger head size (93, 95) or a similar frame with lighter weight. This photo shows markings of BLX, 90 and Pro Staff.

It very well could be Roger’s new racquet (paintjob or with actual altered technology underneath), or could be a marketed frame for Pete Sampras (who currently switched to using a Babolat). Also take note, is Pro Staff back?

Personally, i love it! White is the most beautiful color for him! Can't wait to see it soon!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
don't like the gold markings. Still think the ncode 90 is the best pj he ever had, the current frequency BLX is my least fave.

Hope Fed sticks to 90sq, his shanking is not going to mysteriously go away even if he goes for a bigger head size.

·
Registered
4,529 Posts
he better go bigger:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
don't like the gold markings. Still think the ncode 90 is the best pj he ever had, the current frequency BLX is my least fave.

Hope Fed sticks to 90sq, his shanking is not going to mysteriously go away even if he goes for a bigger head size.
Exactly. If he'd wanted to get a bigger head size for whatever reason, he should have done so some 5 years ago already, as it takes a lot of time to get used to a really different racket - which he unfortunately can't allow himself to waste anymore. I can well understand why he never bothered back then btw. ;)

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
he better go bigger:banghead::banghead::banghead:
How well did ND do last year with his new racquet? It takes time to get used to a new racquet and Roger doesn't have time. Quite honestly I don't believe his problems are due to his racquet. And I think changing racquets now could make things even worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts