2007: 6-3, 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
2008: 6-1, 6-3, 6-0
2011: 7-5, 7-6(3), 5-7, 6-1

Federer vs. Nadal @ the YEC: 4-0
2006: 6-4, 7-5
2007: 6-4, 6-1
2010: 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
2011: 6-3, 6-0

Who will record their first victory? Federer against Nadal at RG or Nadal against Federer at the YEC?

Fun fact: the 4th meeting in each tournament were routs. At RG, Federer only won 4 games and at the YEC, Nadal only won 3.

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
Niether .They probably will be eliminated in RR next year and wont meet in the finals of Roland Garros

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
beating someone at best of 3 is MUCH easier than best of 5.

With that said, i can see nadal beating fed before fed beating nadal... mainly because of feds age.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive and how much more he has to run around on the court , while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department.

The Fards have been using the "age excuse" with Fed losing to Nadal for 4 years now since Fed was 26.. So thats no surprise.. I mean what can they say? Fed can't hang with a mentally tougher player? No.. It depreciates his supposed, "GOAT status" So they have to fall back on the "age issues". Desperate people say desperate things

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive, while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Fed is getting there slowly and steadily. The Bagel at London was quite important as he quite literally thumped Nadal that day. That goes a long way in clearing out his shackles against nadal. In 2012 he will get a couple of Hard court wins over Nadal and then in RG, the moment everybody is waiting for will happen, Federer will thump Nadal in his own "backyard" and that will probably signal the end of Nadal.

The factors weighing against nadal is he is exhausted, he is worked out by quite a few players. Nobody fears him anymore. And he is out there for taking.

And at YEC no way Nadal is beating Federer. He cant even get past Tsonga.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Age.. Shmage.. You know Nadal is no spring chicken either.. Hes just as old as Roger in tennis years..If you factor all the injuries sustained ( while Fed is hardly ever injured), and how he has to go through hell and back just to win matches anymore because he plays so defensive and how much more he has to run around on the court , while Fed just goes out and swings the racket against the mugs.

Fed in age, may be 5 years older, but he looked 200 years younger at the end of this season. A much less demanding style of tennis evens Fed out with Nadal in the age department.

The Fards have been using the "age excuse" with Fed losing to Nadal for 4 years now since Fed was 26.. So thats no surprise.. I mean what can they say? Fed can't hang with a mentally tougher player? No.. It depreciates his supposed, "GOAT status" So they have to fall back on the "age issues". Desperate people say desperate things
Ok so age is not an issue? Well then I guess Pete (defending wimby champion) lost in his prime to a very young developing fed on the surface that would give Pete the best chance of winning. You can't have it both ways.

I know this is not a Sampras post but your agenda behind 90 percent of your posts (including this one) is that Ppete is the greatest ever.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
Fed is getting there slowly and steadily. The Bagel at London was quite important as he quite literally thumped Nadal that day. That goes a long way in clearing out his shackles against nadal. In 2012 he will get a couple of Hard court wins over Nadal and then in RG, the moment everybody is waiting for will happen, Federer will thump Nadal in his own "backyard" and that will probably signal the end of Nadal.

The factors weighing against nadal is he is exhausted, he is worked out by quite a few players. Nobody fears him anymore. And he is out there for taking.

And at YEC no way Nadal is beating Federer. He cant even get past Tsonga.
I really, really hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

At least Roger's played Nadal more closely at RG than Nadal's played Roger at YEC.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Age never affected Sampras.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I really, really hope you're right but I'm not holding my breath. :lol:

At least Roger's played Nadal more closely at RG than Nadal's played Roger at YEC.

the only problem Roger has at R&G is that he cannot play his play on this rise game against Nadal. Because nadal moonballs it to eternity but once Federer gets a look into Nadals game he really can put his "on the rise hit the ball" game and dominate and plummel Nadal.

Once he has that confidence from the London Bagel he can dominate Nadal and play his "on the rise smash it". So the game was played at London but the ramifications will be beyond that.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I don't think they beat eachother at either venue. Would be nice to see Roger actually do it at Roland Garros, but it's not happening.

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
one thing mimic......nobody cares if tired lion nadal never beats that mentally fragile swiss in a best of 3 sets match of an ultra miniscule tournament played only for the heck of playing right at the fag end of the season when everybody is desperately longing for rest, holidays and christmas......

on the other hand, roland garros = history......

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Rafa definitely should first, but I won't be surprised if neither manages to win.

·
Registered
13,526 Posts
one thing mimic......nobody cares if tired lion nadal never beats that mentally fragile swiss in a best of 3 sets match of an ultra miniscule tournament played only for the heck of playing right at the fag end of the season when everybody is desperately longing for rest, holidays and christmas......

:haha: Omg you are too much. You come in here and post this clown post and then whine in your own thread about no one giving you any serious replies. :haha: :haha: :worship: Are you actually a real person?

Shinoj said:
the only problem Roger has at R&G is that he cannot play his play on this rise game against Nadal. Because nadal moonballs it to eternity but once Federer gets a look into Nadals game he really can put his "on the rise hit the ball" game and dominate and plummel Nadal.

Once he has that confidence from the London Bagel he can dominate Nadal and play his "on the rise smash it". So the game was played at London but the ramifications will be beyond that.
I dunno, he's had so many years to figure out a way to beat Nadal on clay. The London bagel wasn't the first bagel he's ever given to Nadal too. I can see him having a chance if his backhand is working - Nadal tried to do his usual pummel the backhand play in London but it backfired because Roger was, for once, hitting his backhand crisply. It's a different scenario on clay though.

But we'll see. And again, I hope you're right. :)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
why is stripwires following me and attacking in every single thread......he is starting to embarrass me somewhat, i am only stating my opinions like you all......

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I seriously doubt that. Federer has bageled Nadal before. He's done it on grass at Wimbledon. He's even done it on clay at Hamburg. Both were complete beatdowns. Neither had any significance whatsoever going forward.

Federer has always had the ability to administer a beatdown to Nadal, but it requires him to play at peak level for sustained periods, which is very tough. He has very often beaten Nadal severely in sets (like 6-1 or even 6-0) or very nearly done so (leading 5-1 several times) before floundering. On slow, high-bouncing surfaces Nadal simply wears the Federer backhand down.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts