Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

Big Roger fan here, and I try to be objective and honest here, I think Roger will retire soon :( I see him retire next year or in 2021, can't see him continue for more than 2 seasons.
But I am still very optimistic, if you paid attention I even called the French Open semifinal before the clay season started!! :)

So here is my guess before retirement, Roger will end his career with 22 slams.

Next year he will have another great run and will win the Australian Open and Wimbledon, in 2020 :) (Djokovic won't be in the final of the Australian Open).

In Wimbledon, Roger will give it all one last time and win (again Djokovic will crash early, and Roger has the upper hand on all the remaining players).

If he wins 2 slams next year, I think he can retire in peace and confident that his record will last forever. Who is with me?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
It's not impossible but it's unlikely, I think he has high chances to win one more slam, but winning two more is going to be extremely difficult.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
that is very optimistic, his continual aging combined with Djokovic and Nadal's continuing form and the rise of young stars like Tsitsipas, Zverev and Medvedev is likely to stop him from winning any slams IMO sadly, but hopefully he can get a few more titles and maybe a couple of masters along the way!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anything is possible in tennis. It could have been 21 for Fed in Wimby, so probability of him winning a GS, particularly at London is a good chance.

From an ardent Rafa fan

·
Registered
35 Posts
He can't... Because he can't beat Novak @ ao Wimbledon also he can't reach fo uso finals... Last decade he reaches fo uso only 1 time... ?

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
He can win a slam next year so 21 is a realistic possibility. Besides, Sethie had a prophetic dream once (Fed ending up with 22 slams) so I won't argue with this particular number.

·
Registered
435 Posts
His best chance is Wimbledon, no one else knows how to play on grass. Especially, the youngsters. He just needs to not choke against Djokovic.

AO, not much of a chance. Youngsters tend to perform better there, and tougher competition at HCs in general since earlier this year.

USO, the ship has sailed. The Arthur ashe stadium, day matches, heat and humidity as well as slowness of the surfaces , doesn't suit him at this age. The courts would need to be faster, like early 10s for him to be able to stand a chance.

FO, lol no chance whatsoever. He'd need the entire top 15-20 clay court players to crash out early, in order to win FO.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
He could've touched that number this year itself if he didnt choke at Wimbledon and had that unfortunate injury at USO.
Hopefully a 2-3 slam year next year follows this terribly unlucky year

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
He can't... Because he can't beat Novak @ ao Wimbledon also he can't reach fo uso finals... Last decade he reaches fo uso only 1 time... ?
He can be with Nadal in their easier half with Zverev and Berretinni i.e. with an invitation to the SF, whereas Djokovic could be with Medvedev, Thiem, Wawrinka, Tsitsipas & co. with projected tough matches since 3R, losing before the finals or being very tired therein.

He could also get the easiest possible USO half as in 2014, but only if Nadal would not be in the draw again.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Its possible
In Wimbeldon he always have a good chance
But in the other slams.. i dont think so
I think he has zero chance at RG and USO because there are to many players that can beat him there
AO maybe depends on the draw

1 - 20 of 35 Posts