Mens Tennis Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Dirk said:
Roger doesn't need People which is nothing more than a rag to know that he is beautiful. Us fans have thought he was beautful long before People picked up on it. I don't get this notion that Roger isn't popular in the US among fans. When I was in Miami during 03 his practice court was packed.
We keep hearing ESPN tell us that most people in the US don't know who Roger Federer is. Being in People magazine would make him known across the country to non-tennis fans. I don't know why it's important for tennis players to be known to non-tennis fans but it seems to be something they all want. Why else would Roger want to be on Letterman? He must want to be more well known in the US. Maybe it's fun for him.

(As a side note....non-tennis fans in the US don't know who Roddick or Sharapova is either.)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
mirkaland said:
I don't care...anything that reaches Roger to a wider audience is fine by me. So long as he's comfortable with it. I know these lists are silly, but they really are harmless and I don't see it as having any negative affect on Roger. Roger seems so centered right now that nothing could really affect him in a bad way.
Roger is a Leo so he must love the attention.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Pam, because the showed asked him and Roger likes doing stuff to promote the sport. I think the attention he is getting is great and will hopefully yield more fans to the sport. His interview next week with Dave will be fun. I think Dave will like him a lot.

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
Rogi :hearts:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
More people will watch when more people play. But tennis by definition isn't a sport for the masses. It's for decision makers. Team sports are for the masses as they teach children from the youngest age to shut up and follow orders, know thy place in the hierarchy, what you think doesn't matter, others will make the decisions, it's your job to carry them out...all those things which are easier to drum into the brains of the cogs in the Great Machine by making them "fun", a game.

What's funny is that they've turned tennis from a game into an industry, so Greed has taken over. Now they're lamenting that they're not making high enough profits, so they want more people to watch.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Dirk said:
Pam, because the showed asked him and Roger likes doing stuff to promote the sport. I think the attention he is getting is great and will hopefully yield more fans to the sport. His interview next week with Dave will be fun. I think Dave will like him a lot.
I hope so. I always hope that the more well known Roger becomes in the US, the more chance we have of the networks showing us all his matches.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
TenHound said:
More people will watch when more people play. But tennis by definition isn't a sport for the masses.
True....but networks don't seem to see it that way. I think they are confused about what does attract a more general audience. I don't think US fans watch solely to see an American play.....I think it's more about seeing excellence and also fun rivalries.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Marat Safin did not make the Most beautiful list but the most intriguing people in 2000 list. Lleyton hewitt and Mark Philipousss was also included as one of those "australian hotties" i think in a People's eligible bachelors issue.

·
Registered
27,406 Posts
Roger to be named to People Magazine's 50 most-beautiful list?????

That's GREAT~!! :bounce: :bounce:
He sure is a most beautiful Guy~!! :hearts: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
10,023 Posts
i think roger is beautiful, i'll definitely be all over that issue of people :hearts:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Roger :yeah:

·
Registered
449 Posts
:woohoo:

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
can anybody send us the list?

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
I just got back from vacation last night and :woohoo: :woohoo:
This is the first MTF thread I've read.
What a fantastic surprise!!!!!

Go Ninja!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
lunahielo said:
I just got back from vacation last night and :woohoo: :woohoo:
This is the first MTF thread I've read.
What a fantastic surprise!!!!!

Go Ninja!! :) :) :)
where did you go? did you have fun?

·
Registered
11,338 Posts
If Roger is on that list, he can´t be that unpopular in the US. In general, those lists are all about hype and who´s hot at the moment, just like all the award shows. I don´t know about Andy, but I think that he made the list of the sexiest men alive issue after his US Open win (what a weird coincidence). I mean, he was on a total high with his popularity, so it isn´t that surprising that he never made that list before that (I don´t know if he made it after that). But still, it´s nice for Roger and it´s good that he can promote tennis that way.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
:lol: When I first became a fan of Rogi, honestly, I will never have imagined this will be one of the lists he made it into :p

21 - 40 of 42 Posts