Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"They're both peaking at the right time...if they played against each other the way Rafa played against me and Nole played against Andy we could have an all time classic..the fans will be the winners"

I hope it'll be a classic but Nole looks tired...I'm not sure

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
both semis were pretty bad though...

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Oh Roger- that's how Nadal always plays against him.

·
Registered
810 Posts
The question is whether Nadal
has changed/improved anything such that he can be competitive again. I have to say he is hitting the forehand flat enough that I think it could be a different match than any of their 2011 encounters. Djokovic also played 5 hours which couldn't hurt. We shall see.

·
Registered
468 Posts
MTF: Nadal played rubbish, Federer choked. Djokovic was rubbish, Murray was unlucky.

Federer: Nadal and Djokovic played really well.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
In other words Roger is saying this is going to be the first five setter between these two.

Well.....it's highly possible. Their last matches have been 4 setters.

But this time Nadal's serving better, his cross court backhand is solid and sturdy, his footwork is efficient, no signs of injury, doesn't look fatigued, Djokovic is pretty solid, no reason for this not to be a classic, hopefully it won't be a mugfest of unforced errors.

Could be a situation where the first two sets are off and the later three are high quality. You never know!

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Just got of the phone with Borg. He said it could also NOT be an all-time classic. Then he mumbled something about blue clay, 0-6 the past year and roasted pig. What a buzzkill :(

·
Banned
692 Posts
Where did this appear?

Thanks
Probably The Frauderer Shill Daily World News, Tribal. :lol:

Muger goes shopping petulantly like a baby when he loses, he doesn't watch the Finals match. Short memory for all of these Fedtards as usual:

Frauderer Not Planning to Watch Open final, May Go Shopping

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/09/12/us-tennis-open-federer-idUSTRE68B02I20100912
(Reuters) - Roger Federer will not be competing in the U.S. Open men's final for the first time in seven years and he will not be watching it either.

"I won't watch," Federer told reporters after his 5-7 6-1 5-7 6-2 7-5 semi-finals loss on Saturday to third-seeded Novak Djokovic of Serbia, who will meet world number one Rafa Nadal of Spain for the championship.

"Look, I've been around tennis for weeks and weeks and weeks right now. Last thing I want to do is watch another tennis match where I'm not a part of," said Federer. "I will spend some time with my kids and take it easy, maybe go shopping."

·
Registered
371 Posts
I want see a scoreline some thing like 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 54-52 Djokovic.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
23,623 Posts
He's trying to boost Rafito's ego a bit :hug:

We know what a roasting it will be :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts