Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...this is one of the matches I should have won against him because he's had some other ones where I think he was supposed to win, but this time around it went his way.
Why does Federer have to be so arrogant every time he loses. Why can't he give Andy credit for his improvements, and just say he was the better player?

Funny because when Andy loses he's so humble, people say he's the jerk...:eek::eek::eek:

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
nice bait, let's see how many will it fish

·
Registered
375 Posts
To be fair to Roger he was the better player. And to be honest he had the match on his racket

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Q. The game, penultimate game I suppose, you look at it, you were right in it, and suddenly you hit three, four poor shots and it slipped through your fingers.
ROGER FEDERER: Sure, it's a tough way to finish the match, no doubt. I've been on a good run on my serve this week. To end it this way it's sort of disappointing, but what are you going to do? It's over now. I think I did well, you know, to hang in there. Maybe this is one of the matches I should have won against him because he's had some other ones where I think he was supposed to win, but this time around it went his way.

Q. What disappointed you most about your game, Roger?
ROGER FEDERER: Sort of dominating the tiebreaker, and I guess my last service game. You know, I think I didn't make it tough enough for him to come up with good shots. I missed too many, and I think that was the disappointing part about the match today. All in all I think it was still a good performance, and I think Andy served really exceptionally well yet again tonight.

Arrogant bastard. :mad:

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
He's been in some kind of pathetic denial for a while, Fed

part of the reason why he aint gonna be improving anytime soon

·
Registered
11,616 Posts
Why does Federer have to be so arrogant every time he loses. Why can't he give Andy credit for his improvements, and just say he was the better player?

Funny because when Andy loses he's so humble, people say he's the jerk...:eek::eek::eek:

What improvements? Robo Rod played like always, it was just that Fed is playing like utter crap lately.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What improvements? Robo Rod played like always, it was just that Fed is playing like utter crap lately.
Improvements like hitting through his forehand, the backhand pass, better tactics, more importantly just self-belief. Sorry you must not watch very much tennis outside of Federer matches.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Roger didn't play bad at all, in fact, he played really good keeping his serve all the match, his big mistake was the 4-3 serve on the third and he paid very high for that error. That's it.
Andy was in his average nothing spectacular, at least I didn't see him any great or new.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Look at the numbers. Federer was the better player. But those four errors he made in that 3-4 game were the difference in the match (he won 91 points to Roddick's 95 in total). And they came at the worst time. He was 24-for-31 at the net. And despite Roddick serving more aces than he EVER has against Fed (even in a four-setter), he hung in there.

Roddick played unbelievably well, would have beaten anyone. Yet Fed barely lost. I wouldn't worry about it too much. And I don't think he thinks this is a change in trend in his "rivalry" with Roddick.

Roddick WAS spectacular. You look at the numbers in all the matches he's lost against Fed, he's always been outaced, and he's had numbers like 12% of points won on Fed's first serve, under 20% on his second serve. And Roddick is the one with 'the serve".
Also, things like under 40% on his own second serve (when he loses), which he defended extremely well last night.

As Fed said earlier in the year, "I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often" (that someone doesn't come up with a huge match against him to beat him). It happened.

And he's right, there were a couple of times that Roddick should have beaten him in the past, but didn't. So turnabout is fair play. I thought his assessment was pretty right on.

·
Registered
13,295 Posts
Improvements like hitting through his forehand, the backhand pass, better tactics, more importantly just self-belief. Sorry you must not watch very much tennis outside of Federer matches.

Fumus, if you are really trying to convince us Andy´s hitting his fh better than ever, I feel obliged to give you this piece of advice:

You should smoke less crack

Hope this helps

·
Banned
2,741 Posts
Roddick was much better than him last night.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
Well...Roddick was better enough to get the W.

Not sure how any of that quote makes Roger arrogant, though. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
His backhand is MUCH improved...and he is actually trying to construct points...rather than blast away...In addition, he was dictating play...amazing as it seems.

Federer DESERVED to lose...because even IF Roddick is serving well, you should be able to not lose your own serve at love.

The man goes from being mild mannered Roger Federer when he wins, to the Incredible Sulk when he loses.

Somewhere, Pete Sampras is laughing. Secure in the fact that his records appear safe.

How this man won the Stefan Edberg Sportsmanship Award again goes up with the mystery of who built the pyramids.

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
:lol: This thread is the funniest of them all. I remember when Roddick lost to him in Shanghai in 2006 he said Roddick deserved to win.

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fumus, if you are really trying to convince us Andy´s hitting his fh better than ever, I feel obliged to give you this piece of advice:

You should smoke less crack

Hope this helps
Sorry yea, I just love the rock! Keeps me feelin' aigh!!! WooooOoo lazer beamssss

In other news, yes...he is hitting his forehand better. Sorry yea you should go back to watching matches from Andy last year and the year before seriously. Did you see those forehand winners in the first set? Return of serve forehand winner, outright forehand winner from a neutral position in a rally. I know my crack is good but, I think those were reality...oh aside from all this...actually constructing valid arguments with points, and evidence is probably going to prove your case to me and everyone else in the forum more so than just posting an insult, and cluttering up the forum with nonsense. I think it's something we all do sometimes, but really c'mon man...Don't just post something just to post. Generally I like reading your stuff, and I also agree with you most times on what you say...so if you did actually have a difference of opinion about Roddick's forehand and how he's striking the ball, I'd read it. ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Ok so the crack makes u see the good parts :lol:
But seriously, Roddick vs Fed in any baseline rally it was all Fed..Even yesterday.

I dont see how that quote is arrogent. Im sure when he beat him 15 other times he said good/neutral things about him

·
Registered
6,789 Posts
It is ok Fumus, just enjoy Andy's win and don't over-analyze statements from Roger. Roger was pretty impressed with Andy's serving performance as he should be since Andy had excellent variation on his serve to keep Roger guessing. I disagree about the ground strokes though. Andy was still looping most of his forehands in the match and he rarely used the backhand DTL (something that troubles Roger). For groundstroke reference, watch the 1st two sets between them at USO 2007.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Sorry yea, I just love the rock! Keeps me feelin' aigh!!! WooooOoo lazer beamssss

In other news, yes...he is hitting his forehand better. Sorry yea you should go back to watching matches from Andy last year and the year before seriously. Did you see those forehand winners in the first set? Return of serve forehand winner, outright forehand winner from a neutral position in a rally. I know my crack is good but, I think those were reality...oh aside from all this...actually constructing valid arguments with points, and evidence is probably going to prove your case to me and everyone else in the forum more so than just posting an insult, and cluttering up the forum with nonsense. I think it's something we all do sometimes, but really c'mon man...Don't just post something just to post. Generally I like reading your stuff, and I also agree with you most times on what you say...so if you did actually have a difference of opinion about Roddick's forehand and how he's striking the ball, I'd read it. ;)
Truth.

I just downloaded and watched the match, I dunno what everyone else is smoking. I mean theres no comparison, He's hitting his forehand 10 times better than he has been the past 2 years.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts