Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13642&bannerregion=
Roger Rings Bell
By Tennis Week
08/18/2005

Roger Federer is ready to make some noise in Times Square next week. The world No. 1 isn't planning on commandeering a cab or joining local tourist attraction the Naked Cowboy in a karaoke contest. Instead, the Nasdaq-100 Open champion will ring the opening bell for the Nasdaq Stock Market on Thursday, August 25th at the Nasdaq Market Site located at 4 Times Square on 43rd Street and Broadway.

Federer, who visited Times Square the day after he captured the 2004 U.S. Open to pose for photographers with his U.S. Open title trophy, is scheduled to appear at about 9:20 a.m. Tickets to the 2006 Nasdaq-100 Open go on sale Monday, August 29th by phone. Please call (305) 442-3367 to purchase tickets for the tournament, which will be staged March 22nd-April 2nd at Key Biscayne's Crandon Park.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
YES! Finally, I'll be able to watch Roger without my father telling me to "turn off the damn tennis and do something useful."

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Oh, I thought he was planning on getting married. :p

·
Registered
9,433 Posts
lucashg said:
Oh, I thought he was planning on getting married. :p
Nah, he is just waiting for me

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
oneandonlyhsn said:
Nah, he is just waiting for me
Get in line :p

very cool :yeah:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
mirkaland said:
http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=13642&bannerregion=
Roger Rings Bell
By Tennis Week
08/18/2005

Roger Federer is ready to make some noise in Times Square next week. The world No. 1 isn't planning on commandeering a cab or joining local tourist attraction the Naked Cowboy in a karaoke contest. Instead, the Nasdaq-100 Open champion will ring the opening bell for the Nasdaq Stock Market on Thursday, August 25th at the Nasdaq Market Site located at 4 Times Square on 43rd Street and Broadway.

Federer, who visited Times Square the day after he captured the 2004 U.S. Open to pose for photographers with his U.S. Open title trophy, is scheduled to appear at about 9:20 a.m. Tickets to the 2006 Nasdaq-100 Open go on sale Monday, August 29th by phone. Please call (305) 442-3367 to purchase tickets for the tournament, which will be staged March 22nd-April 2nd at Key Biscayne's Crandon Park.
As I know nothing about America, does a 1st, 2nd 3rd.......41st and 42nd street actually exist too? Excuse my dumbness but thats actually a serious question

·
Premium Member
3,153 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
As I know nothing about America, does a 1st, 2nd 3rd.......41st and 42nd street actually exist too? Excuse my dumbness but thats actually a serious question
Generally, yes.

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
ok so do you have street names, or is it just all like 1000000th street etc

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
ok so do you have street names, or is it just all like 1000000th street etc
Besides 1st, 2nd....etc. Street and 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th....etc. Avenue they also have streets with real names in New York City and other cities in the US. :p

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
hahaha, sorry i didn't want to offend anyone who lives in america, i just find it kinda strange, thats all

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
Juanqui Lover said:
hahaha, sorry i didn't want to offend anyone who lives in america, i just find it kinda strange, thats all
I find it useful when there are numeric street names, like that you don't get lost that easily. :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
Princesa! said:
I find it useful when there are numeric street names, like that you don't get lost that easily. :p
I'd get so lost if the streets in german cities had the numbers :p I think numbers wouldn't work in germany since the streets in cities here are not arranged like the streets in most amercian cities who have that strict square pattern.

·
Registered
881 Posts
RogerRocks said:
I'd get so lost if the streets in german cities had the numbers :p I think numbers wouldn't work in germany since the streets in cities here are not arranged like the streets in most amercian cities who have that strict square pattern.
Do you know Mannheim? The city center there is made up of neat squares and streets have names like "A 3", "C 4" and "K 7". I've never had to find my way around there, thank goodness, but I'd get totally lost anywhere, no matter the street names. :lol:

·
Registered
65,539 Posts
RogerRocks said:
That's right, I can't think of any European cities that could have numeric street names without confusing people.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
RogerRocks said:
Not all cities in the US are arranged in grids and not all of them have numeric street names. In a small town for example there might be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Street running Vertical and then Named streets running horizontal.

I don't think I've heard of any other US city with as many numeric street names as in NYC.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Princesa! said:
That's right, I can't think of any European cities that could have numeric street names without confusing people.
Well if your cities are a lot older and developed naturally without someone imposing a grid of streets then it could be more confusing to name them as numbers. For me in the US the real confusion are the high ways not the city streets.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
woot roger!
I also read the title wrong, I thought it said "wedding bellls" or something :]
but, roger, propose to mirka already jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezz :]

Reactions: oneandonlyhsn

·
Registered
516 Posts
Uh oh. The dreaded opening bell. Just for grins, does anyone here remember what happened to the stock market the day Monica Seles rang the opening bell? Yikes!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts