Mens Tennis Forums banner

2901 - 2920 of 2929 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Roger_Federer/74949/roger-federer-counts-to-1000-consecutive-weeks-in-the-top50/

[...] Since April 2001, Roger has been ranked inside the top-20 all the time and the place in the top-50 was never in doubt, celebrating the incredible 1000th consecutive week there this Monday! Thus, Federer has become the first player with 1000 straight weeks in the top-50, leaving Jimmy Connors on 873, John McEnroe on 827, Ivan Lendl on 801 and the second active player with the longest streak Rafael Nadal who is spending the 758th consecutive week in the top-50. [...]

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts
update on Roger's South American Exhibition tour in November:
https://twitter.com/goitiatenis/status/1176230017912561665

Tweet text and auto-translated text below:

¡LA GIRA DE FEDERER EN AMÉRICA LATINA! Ante muchas consultas, por ahora hay 3 exhibiciones confirmadas en noviembre: 20 en Argentina, 22 en Colombia y 23 en México. La chance del 19 en Chile no es oficial y es muy probable que juegue el 24 en Ecuador. Ambas se definen estos días

Translated from Spanish by Google
THE FEDERER TOUR IN LATIN AMERICA! In the face of many inquiries, there are currently 3 exhibits confirmed in November: 20 in Argentina, 22 in Colombia and 23 in Mexico. The chance of 19 in Chile is not official and it is very likely that he will play on 24 in Ecuador. Both are defined these days

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts
More exhibition news:

"Federer signed a FIVE-year contract with Hangzhou tennis invitational tournament. The first edition will be held from December 27th to 29th this year .It's an exhibition tournament actually. Roger will play this exhibition tournament till 2023." --- Via Tony Lau RF forum FB
Here is the tweet https://twitter.com/norinchi_df/status/1181906962088370177

and a pic

Federer has confirmed this year's edition in a tweet -- don't know about 5 years... I guess someone will ask him at some point.
https://twitter.com/rogerfederer/status/1181935413310693376

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
not sure if I am for this move hope the exhibition wont leave him too exhausted for the Aussie tournaments! The 5 year deal is of course curious, no way he will play pro for that long.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
Yesterday Roger said in the press conference that he is flying to Tokyo. I don't know.
Hes going to Japan just before a huge typhoon is about to reach Japan?
Thats crazy.

Another side note on Federer. When asked if he ever got a point penalty he said yes. Along time ago.
Most living people didnt know this only Federer to set the record straight.

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts
Federer landed in Argentina on Monday, but the first exhibition event was actually in Santiago, Chile, on Tuesday (November 19).
Here's Roger and A. Zverev at a kids' tennis clinic

With retired Chilean player (and AO 2007 finalist) Fernando Gonzales:

Here's a clip of match point:

Apparently Roger won 6-3, 4-6, 6-4. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Federer landed in Argentina on Monday, but the first exhibition event was actually in Santiago, Chile, on Tuesday (November 19).
Here's Roger and A. Zverev at a kids' tennis clinic

With retired Chilean player (and AO 2007 finalist) Fernando Gonzales:

Here's a clip of match point:

Apparently Roger won 6-3, 4-6, 6-4. :)
I saw that first pic in Twitter last night and it took me a while to spot Roger :LOL::D

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts
I saw that first pic in Twitter last night and it took me a while to spot Roger :LOL::D
Ha ha, same for me, I though it was just Zverev, then saw a comment about how they were both in the pic, so had to look for Roger! :D

·
a.k.a. Kat_YYZ
20,388 Posts
So Zverev got some revenge and won the Argentina match 7-6, 7-6 last night (Wednesday, Nov 20)..

Some pics from Roger playing with kids in Argentina :)

Of course, Del Po was originally supposed to be the opponent but he's not ready to play yet... so he's there as a host.

Tonight is apparently a night off. Federer & Zverev will play in Bogota, Colombia on Friday (11/22); then in Mexico City on Saturday (11/23) and Quito, Ecuador on Sunday (11/24).

2901 - 2920 of 2929 Posts