Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The world number one saw off Novak Djokovic in Paris as he continued his dominance of the clay-court tournament. Federer, who has won 10 of 33 career meetings with Nadal, described his old adversary's achievements as "gigantic" and said is pleased to see Nadal bounce back from a number of defeats on clay in recent weeks.

"Of course I was really happy for him. What he's proving on clay year after year is gigantic," he said. "You only can raise your hat to him. For me Rafa was the favourite before the tournament. Only afterwards did everyone say 'it was clear that he would win the French Open'. "They said he can't play tennis because he lost two matches on clay and therefore I think it's nice that he showed it to everyone again."
Think Fed may see similarities between him and Rafa now - being written off on their best surfaces and still wanting to show they've got it. Sweet. :)

http://www.modernghana.com/sports/547892/2/roger-federer-in-awe-of-rafael.html

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
For me Rafa was the favourite before the tournament. Only afterwards did everyone say 'it was clear that he would win the French Open'.
Federer is like the poster on MTF that quotes himself in the prediction thread afterwards to show he was right :eek:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
The biggest point that Federer is missing is that it was mostly Nadal himself, writing himself off with doom and gloom comments about his form, fitness and "my decline"

On the Fed qoute itself, I get the feeling he's happy Djokovic didn't join the all 4 slams club and I think he secretly loves that only he has won RG during the Nadal era.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
These two have the same mindset as high school joint prom queens. Disgusting.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
It is so difficult to please all MTF posters.
Roger and Rafa re rivals and NOT enemies.
It is this rivalry that keeps the Top guys going.

It is good sportsmanship and should NOT be viewed with colored glasses.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Ha!

One gets the feeling that in his old age, now he's not truly a candidate for the biggest tournaments, Federer is happy to see Nadal win more trophies at the expense of Djokovic, whom he clearly has never really warmed to.

From that perspective, Federer must be secretly loving 2013/14, where Djokovic has often been the "best loser" at the majors.

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
thanks Roger :)

i think he is very "generous" to like Rafa more than Nole coz if i were him, i would not be so "generous" towards my main rival :tape: :p

1 - 20 of 64 Posts