Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roger hit 100 unforced erros RRH 2 winners. It was the worst match of the career of Roger i think, it was hurting my eyes. But he was fighting soooooo hard!! 2 5 down third set.. He kept sliding all over the court playing an attacking game. Still some horrendous missing shots but also some great volleys and slices. The crowd was chearing him so much! Roger can be proud of himself. But this shows he needs to keep working very hard the next month will he be able to do something at RG. What i liked very much was the spirit of Roger, he didnt whined anytime, and when he was far behind he was only cheering himself and pumping up. He screamed many 'Come ons!!!' And for everyone who thinks Ruben choked. It wasnt a choke. Roger was the deciding factor in the whole match. He decided the points. An winner or a error...

Reactions: Sunset of Age

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
MC R2: Federer def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(1)

Lucky one Federer :rolls:

RRH was up 4-0* and 5-1* in the third and served for the match twice :help: . Granted, Roger started to play better but RRH was simply awful when it was time to close the deal. A fine choking performance indeed which will go down in the history books.

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
Federer def. Chokirez-Hidalgo 6-1 3-6 7-6 (from 5-1 down in the 3rd)

Outrageous choke :retard:

Led 5-1, had *30-15 both times he served for the match.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
MC R2: Federer def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(1)

what i just witnessed was wrong on so many levels.

federer came back from 1-5 *15-30 in final set, ramirez hidalgo was, if i'm not mistaken, 5-4 *30-15 up and double faulted at break point in that game to let roger level it at 5-5

so umm... yeah. not really sure what to say about this... but a w is a w i guess... :unsure: he shouldn't have even been down a break to a player like ramirez hidalgo let alone two points away from defeat, but oh well.

monfils up next... :scared:

1ST SERVE %
Federer 61%
Ramirez Hidalgo 55%

ACES
Federer 5
Ramirez Hidalgo 2

DOUBLE FAULTS
Federer 3
Ramirez Hidalgo 8

1ST SERVE % WON
Federer 68%
Ramirez Hidalgo 65%

2ND SERVE % WON
Federer 54%
Ramirez Hidalgo 43%

WINNERS
Federer 37
Ramirez Hidalgo 15

UNFORCED ERRORS
Federer 54
Ramirez Hidalgo 39

BREAK POINTS WON
Federer 4/7
Ramirez Hidalgo 3/7

TOTAL POINTS WON
Federer 103
Ramirez Hidalgo 90

MATCH TIME
2hrs 3mins 46secs

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,507 Posts
Re: Federer def. Chokirez-Hidalgo 6-1 3-6 7-6 (from 5-1 down in the 3rd)

Never in doubt, he did it for the Monegasque fans.

·
Registered
23,624 Posts
Re: Roger fitghts, slides and beats Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo 61 36 76!!!

spectacular choke

·
Registered
878 Posts

Hidalgo is a giant, spectacular, epic mug. Served for it twice and didn't manage a match point. :spit:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Federer ready to pack the bags soon

It's so sweet to see he's falling apart. No way he's gonna be a factor in the later rounds of MC - upcoming opps already tasted his blood and won't be overwhelmed by the prospect of demolishing him.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts

It wasn't Roger on court.

The one with the carbunkle on his face is Roger's brother, Houdini Federer.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts

I don't know which is more ridiculous, Roger's form at the moment, or the fact that for the most part he is allowed to get away with this suckage time and time again...

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

Phew...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
♥ eve ♥
40,985 Posts

RG is a lock for Roger :cool:

·
Registered
20,212 Posts

Incredible :eek:

RRH lost this match at *5:2 (30-15) when his "choking" forehand from comfortable position landed on out :devil:

·
♤23♤
32,996 Posts
Re: MC R2: Federer def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(1)

Fed :haha:

RRH is #137 btw, and was losing to players with a worst ranking than his a lot easier.
This reminds me a lot of the Ancic-RRH match in Rome 2006 when Mario came back from 1-5 0-30 down in the third.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts
Re: MC R2: Federer def. Ramirez Hidalgo 6-1, 3-6, 7-6(1)

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Good win from the mental point of view though.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Roger hit 100 unforced erros RRH 2 winners. It was the worst match of the career of Roger i think, it was hurting my eyes. But he was fighting soooooo hard!! 2 5 down third set.. He kept sliding all over the court playing an attacking game. Still some horrendous missing shots but also some great volleys and slices. The crowd was chearing him so much! Roger can be proud of himself. But this shows he needs to keep working very hard the next month will he be able to do something at RG. What i liked very much was the spirit of Roger, he didnt whined anytime, and when he was far behind he was only cheering himself and pumping up. He screamed many 'Come ons!!!' And for everyone who thinks Ruben choked. It wasnt a choke. Roger was the deciding factor in the whole match. He decided the points. An winner or a error...
If you can't hold serve twice and don't make any point with your own serve in a tiebreak, I think it can be seen as a choke!

1 - 20 of 323 Posts