Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of a grueling rally at MC Roger let a loud 'yoo hooo'. Roger lost the point – I think it was at 4-4 first set. The commentators of Eurosport reacted to Roger's sound by saying that 'he relishes every point'. During the second set however, when Nadal managed to make it 4-4 the commentators went back to the 'yoo hoo' to describe it as 'humorous'. I think they meant that Roger attempted somehow to intimidate Nadal. Any thoughts?

PS: this is not a 'let's hate Roger' threat.

·
Registered
375 Posts
he has done this many times before too. infact he did made this sound in his QF match against david after david hit a FH winner at a very sharp angle.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Intimidate? Hardly. It was like "too good, man"

If anything, that sound inspired Rafa. Next time Rogi, be quiet, okay?

:)
Yes, no attempt to intimidate, especially as it was in response to a brilliant shot by Rafa, not one of his own. And "woohoo" isn't exactly a war cry, is it!:D It was a cry of appreciative awe, or was it awed appreciation...... one of the two, anyway.

·
Registered
807 Posts
In my opinion, that point was very typical for this match up on clay... Rafa kept pounding Fed's backhand until it got weaker and shorter, then he got pulled wide and the court was open... to me, Roger's reaction was more like "woo-hoo, here we go again, some procedure as always - screw that!"

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Actually I like more the "Ai Ai Ai" sounds he's doing( most often when he is missing an easy FH).

·
May All Beings Be Happy!!
12,245 Posts
Roger is sporting enough to appreciate Rafa's winner and the tactic employed by Rafa. Both appreciate and respect each other immensely and would not ever employ gamesmanship of any sort.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
it was loud "woohoo" that meant "too good" or "too hot"

i was going to start a thread based on this. like some other examples of people appreciating a good point played by the opponent. i've seen people clapping. and in some other cases, bowing down:

:lol:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fPV6wtGpE

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Roger is so cute with his little random outbursts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Roger is sporting enough to appreciate Rafa's winner and the tactic employed by Rafa. Both appreciate and respect each other immensely and would not ever employ gamesmanship of any sort.
Yes, they respect each other maybe even too much. Did you see the way the match started? :lol: both made some extremely clumsy UEs. I thought to myself, my oh my, no wonder Fed is nervous but what's wrong with Nadal there?

Compare it to the Fed-Joker SF match.... they clashed furiously hitting winners from everywhere, no sign of nerves from either.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
In my opinion, that point was very typical for this match up on clay... Rafa kept pounding Fed's backhand until it got weaker and shorter, then he got pulled wide and the court was open... to me, Roger's reaction was more like "woo-hoo, here we go again, some procedure as always - screw that!"

that rally was all the contrary, nadal attack federer's forehand until he got weaker and then with all the backhand spaces free of federer he shooted there.:worship:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts