Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Roger Federer's Toast at Moet:"My whole season is geared toward peaking at Wimbledon"

Hollywood actress Zoe Saldana toasted Roger Federer’s 1000th match win in an exclusive Moet & Chandon event in Beverly Hills on Saturday night.

Held at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, brand ambassador Federer was the toast of Hollywood as his incredible 1000 match wins achievement was celebrated with a special bottle of Moet & Chandon by the likes of actresses Camilla Belle and Kate Walsh and former NBA pro Jason Collins.

The 33-year-old Federer became the third player in the Open Era, and the first since Ivan Lendl in 1992, to record 1000 tour-level wins when he beat Milos Raonic in the final of the Brisbane International to claim his 83rd title.

“It’s just cool being in LA,” said Federer, who is preparing to play at the BNP Paribas Open in Indian Wells, beginning next week. “I’m just enjoying spending time here at this Moet & Chandon event. It’s very special. I don’t do many events here on the west coast and I don’t spend enough time in LA. So when I do, I try to make the most of it.

Watch Exclusive Video

“It’s nice to celebrate the 1000 match wins I had at the beginning of the year. For me, it’s cool being a sportsman in this entertainment world and I’m really enjoying it. I love the diverse world I’m living in.”

After his red carpet entrance, Federer joined Avatar actress Saldana in a game of mixed doubles with Grey's Anatomy star Walsh and sports broadcaster Jill Montgomery on a specially constructed mini tennis court, with gold tennis balls, before mingling with the assembled guests. He was quick to state that he hoped there would be more Moet Moments to come in 2015.

“I’d love to get back to World No. 1,” declared the Basel native. “But Novak is making it very difficult. My whole season is geared towards peaking at Wimbledon. I’d love to win there one more time.”

Federer goes into Indian Wells with an 11-1 match record in 2015 and is coming off victory over Novak Djokovic in the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Federer has won four titles at the first ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournament of the year and last year finished runner-up to Djokovic in the final.

Blah blah blah Champagne, Actresses, etc. If you want to watch the boring PR video here is the link. http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/03/9/Federer-Moet-LA.aspx

The meat and bones is at the bottom.

Federer basically admitting that he wants a 2012 to end his career :p

·
The Last Mohican
24,808 Posts
Re: Roger Federer's Toast at Moet:"My whole season is geared toward peaking at Wimble

Go Roger. :aparty: :D

I’m sure Roger will kick a little ass in Wimbledon and could well win it again. As for IW - only Novak can beat him, assuming that Nadull’s pitiful form continues for a little while longer.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
Re: Roger Federer's Toast at Moet:"My whole season is geared toward peaking at Wimble

He should realize his massive chances at USO too. Last year was truly a blown opportunity at both slams.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Irrelevant. He can gear his peaking all he wants, but he has won his last slam already.

·
The Last Mohican
24,808 Posts

Irrelevant. He can gear his peaking all he wants, but he has won his last slam already.
Are you an oracle, friend? If not, then you’re just shooting at a bird with your eyes closed with 100% confidence of hitting your mark. It’s foolish to use absolutes, and it’s even more foolish to doubt GOAT.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

All Fed needs is a healthy Del Potro in Wimbledon semifinals against Djokovic. :p

Jadeovic vs. 2015Wimbledonerer

Would be a routine thing.

Just kidding. Just happy to see the Old man still has self belief and realistic belief. Unlike Baggy saying he can get to Top 10.

Hope he keeps this attitude, as it is the one he has kept throughout his career (minus against Nadal) and has been part of the reason he has won so many matches.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

Are you an oracle, friend? If not, then you’re just shooting at a bird with your eyes closed with 100% confidence of hitting your mark. It’s foolish to use absolutes, and it’s even more foolish to doubt GOAT.
Nadal is done winning slams as well, according to you too.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

He should realize his massive chances at USO too. Last year was truly a blown opportunity at both slams.

Federer in reality has a great chance to USO almost every year but he somehow lost his hunger or motivation
or after 1st twins were born he was too happy with his personal life and tennis was/is second for a long time.
What he did last year at 33 he could do 3 years ago easier and won even more. He is so fit and fast at this age that i have a feeling if his head is a 100% in tennis he could have more than 20GS by now. Roddick was right when he said Fed is at great place for a long time
if he wins it is good if not it is okay and he moves on.
That happened to everyone who has everything.Fed has everything family and he loves his kids more than his titles for sure or otherwise they would not be with him everywhere around the world. He must THANKS to his wife who is very supportive. I do not see or can not see other wife/GF to travel so much with her man on tour. That is very important to tennis player.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nadal will always have a chance at RG, even if he is in a wheel chair.

I'm 100% serious. 2014 he was about 50% in comparison to 2013 level of play, but still was routining everyone up until Djokovic.

I'm pretty certain everyone had Nadal losing to Djokovic in the finals, but he is Nadal...dont count him out!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

How do you know ?! He had a great chance even last year
if he had more confidence in his game with his bigger racquet. But now if he is fit and has no problems with his body he has more than a chance. His racquet is not a problem for him now. Even last year at USO he still did not have confidence in his FH. But something clicked
in Shanghai and he proved to himself that he still could beat Djokovic and can play with best. It was clear he would not win AO without good off season and training after his back problems at the end of last year. But his game is there and play better than anyone if he made a100% effort. In Dubai he was fresher, relaxed and eager to play. If Djokovic was with greatest ROS Fed could not have so many aces. And Fed knows if he is enough fit and plays his best he has a great shot at GS.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts

:facepalm:

·
Registered
9,517 Posts

Nadal will always have a chance at RG, even if he is in a wheel chair.

I'm 100% serious. 2014 he was about 50% in comparison to 2013 level of play, but still was routining everyone up until Djokovic.

I'm pretty certain everyone had Nadal losing to Djokovic in the finals, but he is Nadal...dont count him out!
I did not for sure. Djokovic did not play well even he beat Nadal in Rome F. IMO Djokovic put a lot of pressure
on himself to win FO as Fed did it before him and that just makes Nadal even more hungry at FO. As you can see even Tio Toni talks only for Djokovic as opponent of Nadal at FO. But there are guys who could surprise him as Soderling has done and Wawrinka has done at AO.But when Nadal plays Fed or Djokovic he is at 1000% against them.

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I did not for sure. Djokovic did not play well even he beat Nadal in Rome F. IMO Djokovic put a lot of pressure
on himself to win FO as Fed did it before him and that just makes Nadal even more hungry at FO. As you can see even Tio Toni talks only for Djokovic as opponent of Nadal at FO. But there are guys who could surprise him as Soderling has done and Wawrinka has done at AO.But when Nadal plays Fed or Djokovic he is at 1000% against them.
I feel the same goes for Federer at Wimbledon. His forehand was at 25%, Backhand at 60%, serve at 110%, yet he barely lost to Djokovic. Sure Djokovic kinda "choked", but still Fed took it to 5.

Who knows?

·
The Last Mohican
24,808 Posts

I only think that Na dull will go slamless for 2015, and that he won't overtake Roger.

·
Banned
2,609 Posts

If Fakervic wins the FO it's likely he'll have a comedown for the rest of the season. Not hard to imagine Fed beating Mugray or some clown in the Wimbledon final, just a matter of getting there. I still believe :bigcry:

Reactions: Xoil

·
Registered
750 Posts

Roger will peak at Halle.

Wimbledon grass will taste bitter to him I'm afraid.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

If Fakervic wins the FO it's likely he'll have a comedown for the rest of the season. Not hard to imagine Fed beating Mugray or some clown in the Wimbledon final, just a matter of getting there. I still believe :bigcry:
"Fakervic", "Mugray", "some other clown"????

Why so much hate for anyone not named Federer?

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Roger will peak at Halle.

Wimbledon grass will taste bitter to him I'm afraid.
+1. Quoted for truth.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

How do you know ?! He had a great chance even last year
if he had more confidence in his game with his bigger racquet. But now if he is fit and has no problems with his body he has more than a chance. His racquet is not a problem for him now. Even last year at USO he still did not have confidence in his FH. But something clicked
in Shanghai and he proved to himself that he still could beat Djokovic and can play with best. It was clear he would not win AO without good off season and training after his back problems at the end of last year. But his game is there and play better than anyone if he made a100% effort. In Dubai he was fresher, relaxed and eager to play. If Djokovic was with greatest ROS Fed could not have so many aces. And Fed knows if he is enough fit and plays his best he has a great shot at GS.
Fed is too old to win 7 Bo5 matches in the span of 2 weeks. He can't keep his level high enough for that long any more. Just look at his slams since 2012. He can manage some smaller Bo3 tournament here and there, but slams are different.

Sorry just the truth. Don't shoot the messenger.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts