Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
I humbly submit the Wimbledon 2012 final for your consideration.

An absolute masterpiece, at that age, in front of that crowd. We didn't learn just how great Murray really was on grass for another twelve months.

·
Banned
9,577 Posts
hard: vs Safin at AO 2005
clay: vs Rafa at RG 2011
grass: vs Rafa at Wimbledon 2008

·
Registered
24,311 Posts

Best match he played

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Why not Madrid 2009? Both times Rafa, was at his absolute best. :lol:
The same tired BS that everytime Rafa loses, he is not at his best... really pathetic.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Fed vs Nadal WTF MC SF and Fed vs Djokovic Shanghai 2010 are the two highest quality two set matches I've seen.

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Well, plenty of ways for me to waste time on YT there, I can see, so thanks for the recommendations. Can't make any myself due to lack of seeing most of them, but I wouldn't pick Wimby 2009 or 2012. Think this could usefully be merged with the JesusFed thread.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts

·
Registered
27,199 Posts
Hewitt USO 2004 was the best forehand display of all time.

·
29,627 Posts
That Roddick match was excellent but it's kinda skewed by Roddick's tactics of running into the net like a rabbit caught in the headlights and being passed every single time.

Agassi in the 2003 TMC is the one. He absolutely maimed him to death.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
That Roddick match was excellent but it's kinda skewed by Roddick's tactics of running into the net like a rabbit caught in the headlights and being passed every single time.

Agassi in the 2003 TMC is the one. He absolutely maimed him to death.
Though it's not like Roddick would have had any better chances from the baseline.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Why not Madrid 2009? Both times Rafa, was at his absolute best. :lol:
In Madrid he obviously wasn't, but just watch again (or for the first time, lol) that Hamburg highlight, Nadal did get everything even in that last set. He retrieved balls he couldn't even sniff today, the difference was, Federer's backhand held up, and his forehand was obviously on fire during the 2nd, and 3rd set.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts