Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Rofl no, Nadal was totally gassed by the third set of that match. He was much more impressive against Nadal in WTF 2010 or 2011. As for best performance of his career, the Hewitt match at the US Open 04 and the Roddick match at the AO 07 come to mind.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that ending Nadal's 81 win streak on clay by outplaying him in a TMS final, like he did in the last two sets (6-2 6-0) is much more impressive than beating Roddick or Hewitt in straight sets, which was no more than the normal outcome of the matches, before they even started

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
How was Nadal gassed in the third set of that Hamburg final? He didn't exactly have a tough road.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
I think that ending Nadal's 81 win streak on clay by outplaying him in a TMS final, like he did in the last two sets (6-2 6-0) is much more impressive than beating Roddick or Hewitt in straight sets, which was no more than the normal outcome of the matches, before they even started
Well I was looking at it strictly from the point of view of most perfect performance I guess. This might be his "best win" so to speak (though I'd say something in a Slam is always much bigger), but no more impressive really than his Madrid 09 win against Rafa.

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
How was Nadal gassed in the third set of that Hamburg final? He didn't exactly have a tough road.
Nadal is always injured/gassed/tired/not well when he loses, especially on clay. I expect unbiased analysts such as yourself to know as much.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
There's plenty of amazing Federer performances, why do Fed fans try and include wins over Nadal wherever possible? Nadal was obviously inhibited during the match :lol:

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
There's plenty of amazing Federer performances, why do Fed fans try and include wins over Nadal wherever possible? Nadal was obviously inhibited during the match :lol:
Federer's wins over Nadal are usually his most impressive because of how hard an opponent he is for him.

I consider IW 2012 a better performance than the WTF 2011 because of the surface.

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Hewitt US Open final 2004, pure genious.

·
Registered
21,321 Posts
The ones I remember most are his matches against Agassi at the 2003 TMC and the final against Hewitt at the 2004 US Open.

·
Registered
810 Posts
USO final 2004
Wimbledon final 2005
WTF final 2006
AO 2007

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
:spit:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts