Olympics July 22-31

Toronto August 5-11

Cincinnati August 12-18

US Open August 26-September 8

Shanghai October 7-13

Basel October 21-27

Paris October 28-November 3

London November 4-10

Source: http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/esp/news-detail/news/3720-rogers-turnierkalender-2012.html

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
no davis cup and no monte carlo :confused::mad:
+1 to this.
What's that Rog? Why no Monte-Carlo?
With this kinda weak Nadal, your power over Nole and the clay-god Murray you can finally win that tournament.
Well... Last year he said he won't play Montecarlo in 2011 but then... We know the story.

I still have hopes.

Also, I think the big surprise here is Rotterdam.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
+1 to this.
What's that Rog? Why no Monte-Carlo?
With this kinda weak Nadal, your power over Nole and the clay-god Murray you can finally win that tournament.
Well... Last year he said he won't play Montecarlo in 2011 but then... We know the story.

I still have hopes.
He's been skipping MC the past couple of years now (at least in his official calender, so not counting the WC he took) - I somehow get the feeling he just doesn't like the tournament all too much, combined with of course not wanting to overplay during the clay season.

Pretty sure Mr. Krajicek had to turn all of his pockets to get that done, outdoing Dubai in appearance fees. I wonder whether he's got any dosh left for the likes of Rafa, Murray or Djokovic. :lol:
It surely is a surprise, but hey, a very pleasant one to me.
(yep I already got the tickets for the full week :cool:)

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Federer's 2012 Schedule?

I don't know how reliable this guy is, but here is what he posted on Twitter. It's pretty expected. Fed's only playing 2 500s Does anyone know if there's a rule that the Olympics can count as a 500? I also think it's funny that London is on the schedule already. I mean, it would take a lot for him not to make it, but that's still decently presumptuous.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/e8eqir

·
1,000 Baby!
19,909 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is about Monte Carlo. as long as #2 has a pulse he'll be winning MC. No point in Roger going there IMO. Also we've seen this fall how taking a long break can be beneficial so I'm glad to see Roger has that built into his schedule. Plus if he has early exits I'm sure he can get WC's just about anywhere he wants.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
I'm fine with this schedule.
That's why:

1. Very wise choice to play Rotterdam instead of Dubai. First it's indoors he he is better than outdoors and the next thing is, that this year there is no Davis Cup week after Dubai. Dubai finals is on Saturday and the following Thursday IW already starts so there wouldn't be much time to adjust to the time zone, conditions etc.
2. I also don't mind he doesn't have MC in his schedule. I mean if he played it, it would be quite many tournaments in a very short time and remember there's only one week between Miami finals and the start of Monte-Carlo. And he can still ask for a WC if he goes out early in Miami and feels like playing.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
Re: Federer's 2012 Schedule?

he's playing Doha, Rotterdam, Halle and we know he will play Basel

he was still negociating with Dubai

anyway, his schedule can be unpredictable as we all know

especially playing DC and olympics year

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is about Monte Carlo. as long as #2 has a pulse he'll be winning MC.
Its funny how you keep referring to Nadal as #2. :lol:

Agreed though with popular opinion though:

1. Skipping MC might be a wiser move (Anything's better than melting to Melzer). Though I am sure to miss him through the tournament.
2. Yay-yay for Rotterdam. :bigclap: (Lucky Sunset of Age!)
No need to visit Arabia twice.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no davis cup and no monte carlo :confused::mad:
Roger hasn't officially decided yet if he will play in February in the 1st round of DC but there are certain comments and signs which make it highly likely that he will play in Fribourg :)

Once Rafa is going to set a foot on clay it will feel like coming home again for him ;)

He already announced a while ago that he is going to play that tournament again next year :)

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
According to Ralf Weber, tournament director of the Gerry Weber Open in Halle, Roger said to him in London that he wants to play the tournament in 2012 in order to make up for not playing there this year.

·
Banned
95,412 Posts
really should not play Madrid in 2012

if you look at it he should save his energy for Roma after Nole and Nadal have killed each other the weeks before in M.Carlo and Madrid

m.carlo then rome is what he should do

·
Federer fan forever
12,903 Posts
really should not play Madrid in 2012

if you look at it he should save his energy for Roma after Nole and Nadal have killed each other the weeks before in M.Carlo and Madrid

m.carlo then rome is what he should do
agreed here but he knows better than us fans :angel:

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Now it says he'll also play Dubai.
Rotterdam and Dubai... I think he's gonna win the first one, and just make more points during the second one.
I'm happy with that. I hope he plays Monte-Carlo.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts