·
Registered
5,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is the third time he has won it, the same amount as Muhammed Ali. :worship:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Congrats to Roger - another prestigious award. The Laureus is sure to follow. SI award is probably the lowest of all of them, so who cares about that one?

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
I imagine it pales in comparison for him beside the Laureus award - I mean, he hasn't been at the BBC ceremony in person since 2003, hence Becker having to deputise for him - but having a separate category for overseas athletes is probably something that SI should do as well.

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
SI wants to keep the pretense that they consider international athletes - hence they will not adopt the Overseas Sportsman of the Year award. Then again, who would WANT to win it anyways? Does SI have any credibility?

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Never a doubt Federer would win this.

Padraig Harrington and Bryan Habana made up the Top 3.

Hilariously, Lewis Hamilton didn't win :haha: :haha:

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
The big question remains - when will Nadal win his first Laureus?

·
Registered
8,267 Posts
Well done Rog, never a doubt :) Certainly deserves it :)

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Banned
12,385 Posts
Yeah he won Newcomer of the Year for 2005. I meant Sportsman of the Year. I don't think Nadal will ever win one...

·
Premium Member
25,459 Posts
Hopefully this prestigous award that Roger couldn't even be bothered to pick up in person will assurage some of the sensitive Federer fans who are still hurting over the SI snub. ;)

·
I DON'T LIKE DJOKOVIC
41,217 Posts
Hopefully this prestigous award that Roger couldn't even be bothered to pick up in person will assurage some of the sensitive Federer fans who are still hurting over the SI snub. ;)
:lol:

Sue Barker said he was on vacation, but Boris quickly informed her that Roger was in fact at his training camp, getting ready for next year.

Jelena Jankovic was there with Jamie Murray - they must be dating.

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
congrats rogiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Perhaps now the Fed fans can stop crying over not winning the SI Award? It would be a good idea for SI to have an overseas Award. Most countries are likely to give preference to their sports heros than foreign athletes.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
is this award prestigious?..i wouldnt know, so im asking.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts