Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to be able to carry Roger Federer around in your pocket? You could be in luck as new Swiss 20-franc piece featuring his image is announced:
1575339222422.png

·
Registered
290 Posts
Pretty neat, shows how much he means to that country as I would’ve never imagined an athlete or anyone but an important political person or president being on currency.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
The irony, he is hitting backhand on those coins...

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I think it is poor taste to do these kind of things for athletes that are still active.

The city of Malmo raised a statue of Zlatan a few months ago outside the stadium. Then last week, Zlatan announced he had bought 25% of another club and was going to help them become the best club in Sweden. People now not very happy with statue...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Judging by the grip, he is preparing a slice...
Judging by the swing it's topspin BH, his slice takeback is more horizontal, and swing goes more out-wide. Anyway that isn't my point at all, not to go off-topic, his bread and butter was his FH, I guess coin makers only went for good artistic impression, not the meaning.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Well deserved for the GOAT of all talents, all they need to do now is change the first 5 letters of the country from Switz to Fed.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Judging by the swing it's topspin BH, his slice takeback is more horizontal, and swing goes more out-wide. Anyway that isn't my point at all, not to go off-topic, his bread and butter was his FH, I guess coin makers only went for good artistic impression, not the meaning.
Nah it looks like his trademark slice BH break point return.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I am outvoted by MTF experts, still begging to differ.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts