1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
26,785 Posts
Ligne Roset style? :confused: At least the furniture on the picture and the floor lamp are from their famous collection. A bit outdated IMHO. I expected something different from Mirka. Something like Roche Bobois classics.

Well, I am a fan of minimalism so I like the house.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
oh god, i hate those open bathrooms. whoever started that trend should be shot - there's no redeeming feature in that layout. and i hope they furnish it differently because all the pieces in the rendering are soooo cliché.

Who's the architect?
there's a great world renowned architecture firm in their backyard (basel): herzog & de meuron

·
Registered
163 Posts
The article actually says that the building is divided into 3 separate apartments, and Federer will live in the top one.
And it has 6.5 bedrooms, which is not extravagant considering he has 4 kids now!

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Can you imagine all the fingerprints the kids will leave all over the place with that much glass? It would drive me nuts!

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
seems decent

5/10 too open and tacky for me

Have a funny feeling Nadal has a fantastic house back in Spain

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
Looks like a bit too much glass.
I love all the glass personally. The whole thing has a very clean modernist look that I prefer in contemporary architecture. The deck especially looks quite striking.

Can you imagine all the fingerprints the kids will leave all over the place with that much glass? It would drive me nuts!
That might be a problem if he wasn't sitting on a massive pile of Swiss Francs. I have a feeling the Federers won't be doing the cleaning in that mansion. :lol:

·
Registered
24,699 Posts
Looks like a bit too much glass.
agreed. I love a house that looks more warming and not too modern, and also no open bathroom as I love having privacy. But it is nice to be located near a beach :cool:

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
oh god, i hate those open bathrooms. whoever started that trend should be shot - there's no redeeming feature in that layout. and i hope they furnish it differently because all the pieces in the rendering are soooo cliché.

there's a great world renowned architecture firm in their backyard (basel): herzog & de meuron
Guess it will be just fine since he's living there and not you. :)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The article actually says that the building is divided into 3 separate apartments, and Federer will live in the top one. And it has 6.5 bedrooms, which is not extravagant considering he has 4 kids now!
That sounds weird. From the picture it seems the top level constantly overlooks the other two. Not much privacy if it's different apartments.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts