Mens Tennis Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent interview, Roger Federer commented on his rivalry with Rafael Nadal. The Swiss agreed with the journalist saying that the Spaniard has been his toughest opponent in career. Federer is down 15-23 in the head to head meetings with the Spaniard.

"For me yes, clear, and it will never change", said Federer. "Just because of his incredible lefty, geometry, kind of play with his top spin, finding my backhand whenever you want it, it is a natural shot for him to go cross court. It is a tough match-up for me. He always mixes it up. It's a tough play for me. I always knew that from the first day I played against him. Then of course on clay he is virtually unbeatable.

But then again, Novak, his records in the last eight years have been tremendous, fabulous and I really enjoyed playing against Novak, our match up is always very exciting."

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Roger_Federer/67460/roger-federer-rafael-nadal-was-my-toughest-rival-while-novak-djokovic-/

Did Federer with this statement disrespect Novak again?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
In a recent interview, Roger Federer commented on his rivalry with Rafael Nadal. The Swiss agreed with the journalist saying that the Spaniard has been his toughest opponent in career. Federer is down 15-23 in the head to head meetings with the Spaniard.

"For me yes, clear, and it will never change", said Federer. "Just because of his incredible lefty, geometry, kind of play with his top spin, finding my backhand whenever you want it, it is a natural shot for him to go cross court. It is a tough match-up for me. He always mixes it up. It's a tough play for me. I always knew that from the first day I played against him. Then of course on clay he is virtually unbeatable.

But then again, Novak, his records in the last eight years have been tremendous, fabulous and I really enjoyed playing against Novak, our match up is always very exciting."

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Roger_Federer/67460/roger-federer-rafael-nadal-was-my-toughest-rival-while-novak-djokovic-/

Don't see any disrespect. What Federer said is logical, consistent with H2H numbers.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

"I hate playing Nadal, I love playing Djokovic". In your mind, that equals disrespect for Djokovic, of course. Go get yourself lost.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,913 Posts

Don't you have better things to do than repost garbage from that clickbait factory here?

That site needs to be expunged from the Internet. It's pure cancer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.