Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
The end of the road. Only hope for him left is for him to hope coronavirus cancels the next couple of majors or his records will be completely smashed.

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
In before "he's trying to hold the tour hostage". Hopefully he'll be able to recuperate in the first place. If so, another long training block which paid dividends in 2017. Hoping there will still be sufficient spring in his step.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
This year has been so bad and I hope next year is different. We cannot live like this at all. Everyone is affected to a certain degree.

·
Registered
16,155 Posts
He'll come back at the AO and smoke everyone '17 style

Needs that underdog/no expectations mode :p

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Very sad.

·
King Of Tennis
2,656 Posts
Time to get the wheelchair out, and enjoy retirement with Mirka and the kids. Hope he enjoys watching all his records getting smashed.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
This implies there is actually going to be a season in 2020, which I'm yet to be convinced on. The pandemic really came at the ideal time for him.
A lot of tournaments from August forward have not been suspended yet. Also in any case, perhaps some tournaments will be played in front of empty seats. We'll see I guess

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
wow less than 20 comments thus far.

not a surprise though. here's hoping he has full recovery at least to enjoy time with his family.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Being injured is bad, but I think it has come at a good time for Federer. His best chance at a slam is SW19 and that is not being played this year. He should be fine for Wimbledon next year. I don't know how much his ranking will suffer, but again, Wimbledon has different rankings. I wish him well with the recovery. It's not easy when you are at that age. He loves to win and loves the game, but like Murray, he needs to look after his body, as there is life after tennis.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts